“Decent local interpretation of Mexico” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Decent local interpretation of Mexico”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Atmosphere is good and food is tasty. The cilantro rice that they serve with their entrees is quite good. We've been there twice (convenient downtown Webster location) but nothing on the menu really sticks out. I just remember being satisfied with my experience. Good place to take kids.

Visited April 2014

Webster Groves, Missouri
“I wanted to like it more than I did.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

First, they had they music way too loud, and our food was just okay. The fish tacos were not that flavorful. My wife asked for a recommendation and it was mediocre and kind of greasy. The owner has another restaurant that is better than this one, but we only tried it the once, we definitely need to try it again because we have friends that like it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jenks, Oklahoma
“Nothing worse than cold Mexican food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Cute restaurant nestled in next to the "railroad" tracks. Only had a few trains go by while we waited over 30 minutes for our food. Service was pitiful. Ten minutes for water and chips, another 10 minutes waiting for our waiter to return to take our dinner orders. And when he finally returned I had to have another margarita. Which was the best thing I had. When our order finally arrived, ALL three of my enchiladas were cold. As a matter of fact, all of our food was cold. What to bet they were sitting out back waiting for our waiter?
I did mention the lack of attention of our waiter and she tried to smooth it over with a 5% decrease in our bill. That didn't cover the second 'rita I had to have during the wait.
I all fairness, the food would have been very good if it had been delivered when it was ready. We'll be back in July and I'll try it again, without this particular waiter.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Different Flavor But Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

After another restaurant had too long of a wait, we were brought here to La Cantina. I'm glad it turned out that way because I really enjoyed my meal. We arrived about 5:30pm on a Saturday evening after calling to see if they had room for 8 only to find a non-existent crowd. Our service was great and our food was awesome. Compared to other Mexican restaurants, the food here had a slightly different flavor - more tomato-y, is the best way that I describe it. This goes for the salsa and the red sauce for my enchilada dinner. Costs are comparable to other casual restaurants, around the $10-$14 mark for an entree. The building fits in nicely with Webster Groves. There are train tracks about 30 feet from the windows and it is a busy route. This could be good or bad depending on your personal preferences, but I didn't notice any excessive noise and the kids loved watching the trains go by. The trains do not blow whistles at the crossing and move pretty quickly but you might see about 4 trains during your meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Service & Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were visiting on spring break, husband, wife, two daughters (14 and 18 mos). Service was awesome, they even brought the baby's food first. Food was very good. Salsa and chips were very fresh, food was hot. I was very pleased with our experience. If we lived here, we would frequent this restaurant. If we visit again, I would make plans to visit.