“Can NOT WAIT for our next VISIT!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bear Creek Bed and Breakfast Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walnut Shade
Bear Creek Bed and Breakfast Lodge
You added Bear Creek Bed and Breakfast Lodge to your Saves list
1320 Keithley Road, PO Box 7274, Walnut Shade, Branson, MO 65771   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Walnut Shade B&B and Inns
Kansas
“Can NOT WAIT for our next VISIT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Only bad thing to say was we only got to stay 2 nights because they were booked Friday and Saturday night before we called! We stayed Wed/Thurs (May16-17) nights. The place is so beautiful, peaceful and relaxing just what we needed! Needless to say great place for a romantic get away! We enjoyed our small talk with Rebecca and Amanda getting to know them and learning more about how the lodge came to be. And I can see why they say most of their clients are repeats....WE will be booking way in advance next time!! We stayed in the 'tree house' cabin but toured them all and also liked the 'cowboy' room if you have more people.

Rebecca and Amanda gave us some recommendations that we took and we LOVED them all! From the canoe floats, Reeds Spring Pizza Company, Copper Run Distillery to breakfast at Billy Gail's on Indian point (at our other place of stay).

We enjoyed the wine tasting event along with the great food served to us by Amanda! The breakfasts were served in beautiful setting of the main lodge were to die for! YUMMY! The private hot tubs were a joy as well!

We will if have not told all of our friends about your great place! Thanks again!

Room Tip: Have pictures will share if you want to see.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
hoyt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had a very lovely wedding at Bear Creek Lodge September 10, 2011. We were never told who the people were that checked us in, the owner we found out later, were a little cold and unfriendly at first, but warmed up later. Our creek side cabin was wonderful and the breakfasts were delicious. My flowers for the wedding were provided by the lodge were beautiful, exactly what I wanted. Our ceremony was less than perfect, but ok. The pictures they took of us were wonderful as well. Overall it was a lovely setting and exactly what we had hoped for as far as location. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
branson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Bear Creek Lodge is by far the best place we have ever stayed. Dennis and Rebecca were attentive and made very good conversation. The breakfast's were absolutely amazing and the views were breathtaking. We have stayed at many B&B's but none compare to this one! Thanks Dennis and Rebecca! We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: The Treehouse Cabin in incredible! Private deck and hot tub!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This hotel offers a very intimate place to have a wedding, with both indoor and outdoor venues. The chapel is very picturesque with lots of windows for natural light, and the ceremony was very intimate. The reception hall was beautifully decorated, and the food was fantastic! My bridal bouquet and the cake and photographer was included in the modest price, and everything was planned down to the last detail for us.

We stayed in the small, cozy Creekside Cabin, which was wonderful! It had a private hottub off the deck, that afforded us a very romantic evening sipping wine and looking at the stars, before heading inside to warm up in front of the fireplace. The bed was extremely comfortable!

Breakfast at the lodge was something else, the first morning we had wonderfully prepared French Toast with pecans, and brisket, the second morning we had Cream Cheese and blueberry pancakes. They were wonderful, the food at this place is amazing, I only wish they also had lunch and dinner available, but the whole bed and breakfast experience there is very relaxing, just perfect for a honeymoon!

I will definitely be back! They offer a wine tasting and food pairing evening for a modest fee, and I plan to come back for sure for that. (I hopefully will make it for a weekend, and stay there again!)

My parents stayed the first night in the lodge, I don't recall the name of the room, but it was at the top of the stairs inside the lodge, and had a separate living room, with a balcony off both the bedroom and the living room. If you ever wish to feel like a grand lodge owner, that's the room to stay in, it really was perfect! The attention to detail with regard to decorating and landscaping at this place truly makes it one of the more unique and charming places I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: If you want cozy, choose the Creekside Cabin, you'll feel like it's your own home in the woo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

This was the best place my husband and I have ever stayed. The owners were incredibly friendly and easy to talk to. Breakfast was the best we've ever had at a bed and breakfast. We loved the Chalet. It was beautifully decorated. The hot tub was very relaxing. We will be back. Thanks Dennis and Rebecca!

• Stayed December 2011
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Was so looking forward to spending our 4th anniversary here, what a mistake. Upon arrival an older gentlemen (who never introduced himself) began checking us in, then disappeared down stairs telling us he would be right back but never returned. Then a Lady walked in from showing another couple around, who also never introduced herself, checked us in, took us to our cabin (creek side) told us not to touch the temperature on the Hot Tub and began to leave. I stopped her to ask her about gluten free options at breakfast as my wife cannot eat it, and was told "I don't cater to dietary needs" well that would have been awesome to know. Admittedly I forgot on the phone when booking, but to tell a customer they were SoL is ridiculous.

Already a bit perturbed due to being treated as if I didn't matter, I received a call this morning after we had left telling me my card had been declined. I checked with my bank and in fact the charge had gone through and been approved. Before I could call back I received another call letting me know they would be turning this into the prosecuting attorney. I tried to return the call only to receive to call. I have no idea how they are still in business, worst Bed and Breakfast I've ever been to.

Room Tip: Don't! Stay in Branson at Branson House, or the super 8
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hollister, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Beautiful place we celebrated our anniversary there it was perfect with our on private hot tub. The atmosphere and seclusion was great. We will go back for a weekend and this time we will bring our kids.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bear Creek Bed and Breakfast Lodge? Share your experiences!