“Closest to Purina Farms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Six Flags/Gray Summit

You added Travelodge Six Flags/Gray Summit to your Saves list
Travelodge Six Flags/Gray Summit
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2875 Highway 100, Villa Ridge, MO 63089 (Formerly Diamond Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Villa Ridge
chicago
“Closest to Purina Farms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you have a dog and are showing at Purina Farms this is an adequate place to stay. The staff was polite and responsive to issues. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: There are gravel patches in front of some rooms and the dogs hear people and other dogs walking on i...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We show dogs. We stay in many towns and many motels a year. We stayed here for the German Pinscher National in Sept 23 - 25. Three nights. Overall, this motel has a wonderful, responsive staff. The room was clean. We had a good rate especially when you Check out the other hotels in the area. This is the closest hotel to the Purina Farms Venue. It's just like staying with grandma. Her house has not been updated since you were in high school in the 70s. The door lock works after grandpa slammed it with his hand. The sink drains on day one but by day three not as well. The room smelled nice. Grandpa and Grandma don't go for fancy cable packages and since their eyesight is going the screen is BIG. Once you slap it with your hand the picture is great! Maybe next year Grandpa can finally fix that loose connection. The bathroom was small but who needs a spa we came to show dogs. The shower works great. Also since grandma worries about getting foot fungus from showers there is bathmat in the tub. Our room faced I-44 and if you were up all night worrying about getting that major in the morning you could hear the traffic and the trucks hitting the rumble bars all night. Grandma and grandpa also provide poop bags and trash cans on the nice mowed lawn. Really great!! Since we said something about our door lock, the ataff gave us a little discount. So nice. Just like the grandparents sending you down the road with a little gas money. We'd stay here again, be sure to bring your own pillow.

• Stayed September 2011
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I've stayed in this hotel many times, both floors, front and back side, too. I stay here when I'm doing a dog show at Purina Farms and will always stay here!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The outdoor area and the lobby were very nice. Our room looked like the carpenters had been in elementary school. I hope you don't want to watch the news because they would not give us a working TV remote. The pool is very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Diamond Inn a/k/a Travelodge in Gray Summit for a dog show at Purina Farm in May. Friends had stayed there before and I found it to be quite acceptable, being used to the level of motels that accept multiple dogs. Many of my friends were staying there, too. In fact, two checked in right in front of me. Once they finished checking in and the desk clerk looked up my reservation, she said that I was not going to be very happy with her. She must have been clairvoyant! She then informed me that I would have to pay a $25/night pet fee. There was nothing about that on the website when I made a reservation and in fact my friends right in front of me did not have to pay any pet fee. Why? Because they made their reservation by phone. Thus ensued a heated discussion between us about how was I to know to make a reservation on phone vs. online and there was no explanation ever given. My friends were paying $2 more per night due to having pets so I requested that I pay that rate. The clerk said that this was all "beyond my control," yet when I asked to speak to a manager she said that she was the manager. Eventually after a very heated discussion and my use of "frickin'," which she labeled a curse word, she agreed to give me the room less the pet fee. I found it astonishing that a motel would charge one person a pet fee and another no pet fee with equal numbers of dogs, checking in at the same time.
What is nice about this motel: It welcomes dogs (but make your reservation by phone, I guess) and even has a dog grooming room with a place to bathe and groom them. It has large expanses of grass and furnishes poop bags and trash cans in those areas. The rooms are nothing fancy but mine was clean and the bed was comfortable. The inner entries to the rooms have tile before the carpet begins so there is a space to wipe off dogs' feet. My beds weren't changed or made by staff over the three nights I was there but the towels were changed out. The "bear bites" breakfast is better termed the "barely bites" breakfast. There really is nothing much more than toast, coffee, and juice. The nearest restaurants are about 5-10 minutes away in Pacific, MO.
It is only five minutes away from Purina Farm and Canine Event Center, which hosts many dog shows each year, so it is super convenient and is the only motel in Gray Summit. The other dog friendly motels are further away in Pacific and Eureka or Washington and St. Clair. I will likely stay there again but I will be sure to clarify the pet fee situation and wiill make my reservation by phone.
FYI this is a pretty old motel--it's on old Route 66, and having grown up in St. Louis, I remember friends of the family staying there back in the late 1960s. It hasn't changed much since then! It does have a fairly large, outdoor swimming pool, and when a friend stayed there in July he said the motel was full up with families with kids using the pool and being fairly boisterous outside. When I was there in May the pool had not yet opened and the motel was far from full since many of the dog people had chosen to stay in other motels further away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Moberly, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife & I were in the area on an apartment hunting trip, as I am transferring to Webster Univ in the fall. We'd already paid for a room at a different motel close to the university and then during our apt. search, our car broke down and we had to get it towed to a garage near the Travel Lodge. The clerk on duty went way above & beyond the call to accommodate us, as it was going to cost us well over $100 for a cab ride to the other motel and back to get our luggage. Provided us with a great deal on a very nice & comfortable room & made sure we had all the little things like tooth brushes & toothpaste, etc. We were so pleased with just everything about this motel and decided to remain over a second night. I went in the following morning to compliment the management about his clerk's hospitality and found Jason(mgr) to be one of the friendliest and most accommodating guys you'd ever want to meet. Room was very clean & comfortable, nice pool and there's also a great little playground if you have kids along, as well as a small game room. Location is very convenient right off I-44, one exit from 6-Flags, loads of parking, very safe place. Convenience mart is just a block away & they give a $.05 per gal. discount on gas if you pay cash! Great Italian & Pizza place delivers there very reasonable prices and great food. All in all this place is a gem!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cameron, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The motel needs to be gone through room by room and repairs fixed.Our toilet seat was about to fall off and there was paint peeling on the wall under the window.When we have stayed there before we had a microwave and fridg.This time it would of been $10.00 extra a day. We were there three days, but made it without them.Alot of eating out.I had ask for a room on the side by the pool, because the other side alot of big trucks park over night making it noisy.When we arrived they put us on the side I didn't want to be on.So I don't plan on staying there anymore.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side toward the pool.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Six Flags/Gray Summit? Share your experiences!