“It's your basic Hampton...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Valley Park
MN
“It's your basic Hampton...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I shacked up here for one night and found everything typical of a normal Hampton stay.

Comfortable beds and room. Didn't do breakfast, so no comment on that. Internet worked good and they had a cool electrical outlet attached to the bedside table that EVERY hotel should provide for cell phones at night.

Overall a good stay and I'd stay here again. Clean and I found it quiet, nothing special, but worked for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

First, I am a big fans of Hamptons and have stayed at many...... While the rooms at this hotel seemed just fine, I was disappointed with the overall service at this location. Upon check in, the gentleman at the desk was nice and more than helpful. Morning was quite different. First, the business center printer was out of order. 2nd: The orange juice was gone by 6:20 - no breakfast attendant was seen (this is unusual) for the full 15 min I was there. Finally, upon checking out, there was no-one at the front desk upon check out... at all. There was a sign stating "helping in the breakfast area"... But there was no one there either...... where was everyone???
Perhaps this was just a bad day or someone didnt' show up........ However, this is not to the typical Hampton standards.

Room Tip: I'd ask for an upgrade. There are no good views out of either side of this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Recently in St. Louis this hotel was recommended by our son who lives in the area. Our stay was a pleasure.
Both my husband and I have a background in hotel management and are consequently difficult to please.
We found the management efficient, friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and well maintained. The computer and printer in the lobby for guest use was a welcome convenience and the breakfast was fresh and well serviced.
On our return home we ordered two of the pillows used in the guest rooms, because of the comfort of the bed and bedding.
This hotel definitely does it right!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, no noise or outside interference
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our normal hotel that we stay at when visiting 6 Flags was booked for this weekend so we ended up at the Hampton. What a pleasant surprise. :) The rate was very reasonable. The rooms were clean and large. The hotel lobby area was clean and comfortable. The breakfast (bagels, toast, make your own waffles, Canadian bacon, sausage, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, frozen omelets) was filling and much better than expected. My husband loved the tall showerhead and it had plenty of pressure even though it was an eco-friendly type. Mu husband also approved of the outlet box on the nightstand that allowed three items to be plugged in with an additional two USB chargers. Our boys loved the beverage bar that was loaded with hot chocolate and flavored creamers. Several restaurants are close to the hotel. We ate at Dickey's BBQ which is within walking distance. It's also a short drive to 6 Flags which was the reason for our stay.

The only downside to this hotel was the staff. Every time we entered the hotel we had to use the phone to ring for someone to come to the front desk as there was no one to greet us. We didn't find that the staff go out of their way to be friendly or helpful especially the night clerk. Upon leaving our room I let the housekeeper know that we were leaving early in case she wanted to clean our room since they were booked solid and she didn't even respond to me. Few of the staff members made us feel welcomed. I will say that we were greeted warmly at breakfast by a man that appeared to be a manager but that was the only highlight in our interaction with the staff.

We will return due to the pros and I will hope for improvement in the friendliness of the staff. Maybe it was an off day for all?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Harvard, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

While the hotel was lovely, it is difficult to locate; it sits directly behind a Drury Inn and the sign is not easily visible from highway 141. The sign probably is visible from I-44. And don't try to locate Lambert Drury Place - it's just the entrance road to the hotels. No street sign.

The room was great, nice comfortable beds, very clean and quiet. There was a microwave and fridge included in the room, which is always handy.

The bathroom was huge; my only complaint is that there is no toilet seat lid; this is a pet peeve with me - I am always afraid I'll drop a towel down into the toilet.

Breakfast the next morning was great - mini Denver omelets, fried potatoes, oatmeal, waffles, fresh fruit, pastries and cereals.

There are plenty of restaurants close by - a Bob Evans and a Ruby Tuesday are just in front of the hotels within walking distance.

While in the area, check out the Wild Bird Sanctuary and the Lone Elk State Park, just a few miles away. The bird sanctuary was very interesting; they have several Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles being rehabbed, along with several types of other predatory birds and owls. Informative and helpful docents. The Lone Elk State Park has a herd of elk and buffalo, which we were lucky enough to see.

This was our first stay at a Hampton Inn; I would stay at another Hampton should the need arise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

A huge shout-out to Manager Jessica. I'm a resident of the area and my house became uninhabitable over the weekend. Jessica was able to accommodate my request and honored the rate at walk-in without an online reservation. The neighboring hotel, Drury Inn, could not accommodate my request. The room rates were the same for both hotels. Everyone on staff was friendly which always helps when you are stressed out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rochelle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Easy access from i-44..close to anywhere you need to go. Located in nice clean area with clean restaurants. Honestly did not hear traffic noise and i was on the front. However awakened by the crying baby in the next room at 4am and was up from there. Beds were great. Checked in less than 5 minutes with key waiting loved that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!