“LU LU?” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“LU LU?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my third time to LuLu's (thanks to Groupon) I liked it the first two times but this time was a little different. I went with my friend and we ordered the Orange Chicken and the General Tso Chicken. The "chicken" tended to have a lot of extra breading and hardly any chicken and the rice was super sticky...Will I try it again? Probably but that is of course if I have a Groupon because regular price is too expensive!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

wichita
“SO SO FOOD and EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We are experienced dim sum diners & have eaten in many states. Never have we been treated so poorly by a server like Lulu's & it's owner.
First of all I chose this place because of Groupon, biiiig mistake! My husband asked for a fork & the server said nothing but kept on closing the lids to the containers on her cart. We waited a few minutes & politely asked again thinking that she didn't understand or didn't hear us. Her rude response was "I heard you the first time." We told her she was rude & went to pay our bill. (By the way, the FOOD WAS OK) The owner looked at our receipt & said "only $8?" We told him our displeasure & he apologized. IT GETS WORSE FROM HERE. We were so mad that I forgot all about my Groupon worth $20. Just then I told the owner about it & he said you have to spend $12 more to use the voucher. The only thing was all prices were written in Chinese & that was when things got really interesting. Owner tried to cheat us by overcharging because of GROUPON. WE ARGUED back & forth about pricing. Eating out shouldn't have been that stressful, I had more fun going to the dentist. BE FORWARNED...EAT AT #LULUSEAFOOD at your own risk!!!

I will be calling GROUPON on Monday with my complaint!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Olivette, Missouri
“BAD FOOD and WORST SERVICE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lu Lu Seafood had excellent reviews in the past, so I decided to buy two Groupons for March 2014. On both occasions, the food was terrible and the service has horrible. Needless to say, when you tell them you have Groupon, they became much more rude. Bottom line is I would NEVER come back to this restaurant, it was just a waste of time, money and effort. If you go there, you will feel that the plates are being thrown on your table, you have to wait forever for BAD FOOD and WORST Service! I would never go back to Lu Lu Seafood NOR recommend it to my friends/families nor to the general public, hence I wrote this review to save any future clients/ customers of the heartache that I have experienced just today, March 19, 2014.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

There were three of us in our party tonight, two ordered dim sum, and one ordered orange chicken. The orange chicken was excellent, served with a huge bowl of rice. For dim sum, we ordered the shrimp dumplings, pork dumplings, scallion pancake, and one of the buns. All were very delicious. Food is served fairly quickly and the wait staff was attentive. Will come back here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helena, Alabama
“Glad we chose this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

While the options for dining along Olive Blvd in University City are endless, we chose Lu Lu's and were not disappointed. We were welcomed and seated quickly to a nice table and knew we had made a good choice from the "example plates" upon entry and the color photos in the menu. I enjoyed the steamed pork dumplings and Bean Sprouts with Dry Tofu. My wife's comment was that the WonTon soup was the best she had tasted because it was freshly made noodles and very hot (temperature) tasty broth. We enjoyed watching the huge servings going out to different family groups and tables and look forward to another opportunity to dine with the folks at Lu Lu's.

• Visited December 2013