“Poor choice” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 34 restaurants in Union
“Poor choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband suggested that I take my family there while in town. He raved about the place. They serve a full menu all day long. So my group ordered the biscuits and gravy, turkey melt, burgers, and pecan pancakes. The only thing worth eating again were the pancakes. The gravy tasted like flour and had no sausage in it. The burger was dry and meal and the turkey melt contained little to no meat. The waitress started out very polite but when it came time to get the check she was horrible. She came by to clear the full plates and we asked for the bill. She said it was in her pocket and walks away. Expecting her to come right back, we didn't think much of it. A few minutes pass and we see her filling up ketchups. She comes to our table to fill up ketchup, so we ask for the check again. Her reply is yes, it's in my pocket and continues to go around filling bottles. My family is in the restaurant business and that when we had had enough. We walked out. I apologized to my family for the poor recommendation and vowed to prescreen any other restaurants my husband suggests.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
“I love this little place of fine dining...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

I love this little place of fine dining, it brings me back when I was a child and my mom would take us to breakfast after church. Our family loves the food, the awesome grill cheese platters and do I heed to say more... Just a great place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to White Rose Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage White Rose Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.