“Beware if you have a late arrival......” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn / Troy

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn / Troy to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn / Troy
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   14 Frenchman Bluff Road, Troy, MO 63379 (Formerly Budget Inn & Suites Troy)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Troy
Burlington, IA
“Beware if you have a late arrival......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

When I booked this hotel, I had noted that we would have a very late arrival.. When we arrived around midnight, I went into lobby area and no one was around, so it said to ring bell~ I had to ring it about 12 times to get someone to come.....I was just getting ready to leave and go find another hotel~ I obviously woke up the clerk on my 12th ring!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Stay away at all costs. The hotel is a pig sty.bin ladens family runs the joint.the welfare recipient is a complete idiot at the desk. Can't find reservations and the room door had been broken in to and the bathroom faucet was broke. The tub was disgusting. Overall the place is horrible do not stay at this joke of a hotel

• Stayed May 2014
Peoria, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

One plug worked in the whole room, no bottom sheet, fridge, microwave an blow drier didn't work, ac cover didn't stay on, breakfast was dry cereal that you had to ask for behind the desk, coffee was from night before, ice machine was gross and in the basement, bathroom walls were peeling and tub was very slippery when wet.

• Stayed April 2014
Troy, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The front desk clerk was very helpful. She spoke was american, which i did not expect. She answered all of our questions and was very polite. She told us they were laying tile on the 1st floor and we there might be a little noise during the day. We stayed 3 days and rarely heard any noise.

The room was clean, and a very nice size. The housekeeper was polite and made sure we were satisfied with our room and amenities each day. The free WIFi was very fast and they kept hot coffee in the office all day. Once the lady even made tea for us.

Our stay was very enjoyable and I would definitely recommend staying there. The hotel was clean overall and very quiet. It is definite they are highly improved since the negative reviews on here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We pulled into this motel and were given keys that didn't work and a trailer was parked in front our room. Went back to the front desk and got new keys and new room. Finally go the keys to work and got into the the room. It was very musty and smelly like smoke. We decided to get our money back and go next door to the Hampton. On the upside the front desk person was very apologetic and I felt bad for him.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We arrived at midnight, no reservation, just needed to stop for the night. The girl at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Our key didn't work, so I went to go let her know. She came up with us to open the door. When she opened the door she was shocked to see that it hadn't been cleaned. She apologized and opened the next room. It had also not been cleaned. She was embarrassed and apologized again, the third door she opened she said was an upgraded room. We know that she didn't have anything to do with the rooms not being cleaned, after all that is a morning job, not what someone would expect to not be done by midnight. We laughed about it and went to our new room. While settling in for the night we realized there was no trash can, no remote for the tv, no toilet paper, and when I went to call to get some, there was also no phone. We were charged $70 for this nights stay. When I went to ask for toilet paper she again blushed and apologized. I my key didn't work and I had to knock for my daughter to let me in. The bed was comfy and the heater worked good, it is January. I wasn't aware of any continental breakfast, but we planned on getting breakfast down the road anyhow. Someone didn't know how to lay flooring because it was very uneven and part of it broke when I pulled the chair out to sit down. The room had obviously been repainted, it looked fresh and clean but the paint was splattered on the flooring. I don't care so much about that. The toilet paper was a pretty big deal though in my opinion. BYOTP :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn / Troy? Share your experiences!