First let me say that the desk staff was very good and helpful. BUT... the Marriott failed in many other ways. The first night our bed was made up without a top sheet so we had only the duvet and when I pulled that back I found a big black hair prominently in the middle of the bed. It was a shock. There was no shampoo in the room although we had two bottles of body wash. The second night we acquired a top sheet but still no shampoo. On the second morning we were awakened at 5:45 AM by loud noises on our ceiling. I called the desk and was told they would look into it. They called back to say that there was an early check-out and the cleaning people were working in the room above, too noisily. Next, we heard a cell phone ring a couple of times followed by a man's voice (obvioously a lawyer) speaking so loudly that it sounded like he was standing next to our bed. We heard all about the court case he was putting on. I realized that the voice was coming through a metal connecting door between rooms. I called the desk again and asked for a different room. Before 8 AM we had packed up and moved to another corner room, now at the other end of the hotel. The room was larger and more commodious and had shampoo. Hooray! Here what amazed me was that the sheets had been put on the bed so carelessly that the bottom sheet's corner was about 5 inches off the mattress and the top sheet was so low that it couldn't cover our shoulders so again we had mostly just the duvet. At 7 the next morning there were four bangings on our ceiling which probably would have awakend me if I had not been awake already. In conclusion, I think the Marriott needs to spend more effort on these details and less on having people standing around greeting us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This St. Louis luxury lakefront hotel is minutes from Lambert Airport, Busch Stadium, Six Flags, the Gateway Arch, and Forest Park. The St. Louis Marriott West offers on-site dining at the newly renovated Blue Fire Grill, a contemporary fitness center, outdoor hiking trails, indoor/outdoor pools, a sauna and whirlpool. All guestrooms feature plush bedding, marble bathrooms, a large desk, and Bath & Body Works amenities. Concierge-level guestrooms include exclusive access to the Concierge Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your St. Louis Marriott West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Marriott West Hotel Chesterfield
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Marriott