My mate and I spent 2 nights here. First impression of the hotel was a good one. It appeared clean and elegant. The staff was friendly during check in. The room was clean and nice, but kind of small for what we were expecting. The room had a desk/table with chair, another chair and tv. The toiletries were from Bath & Body Works, a nice touch. We had a nice view of the lake. Things were fine until night fell and we had to go to bed.
This was the most uncomfortable bed I have encountered in a hotel. The mattress was lumpy and hard in places and it almost seemed as if you were sleeping on a hill. The pillows were really uncomfortable, also. There were 3 too large very stiff pillows with shams that you would never be able to use. Then there were 3 too small pillows that were down filled and also extremely uncomfortable.
There was a nice comforter, except we had to actually sleep on top of that to get a little extra comfort because of the hard, lumpy mattress. We looked underneath the sheet and there was a mattress cover that was what we believed to be the hard, lumpy culprit. However, the mattress underneath was very old and yellow looking and not any softer.
We woke up several times during the night in sheer misery. To have to endure this for a second night was sheer torture. We went away from this hotel experience not feeling rested, as we had hoped. I'm not sure how anyone else feels, but to me, the bed is of the utmost importance. I would never want to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This St. Louis luxury lakefront hotel is minutes from Lambert Airport, Busch Stadium, Six Flags, the Gateway Arch, and Forest Park. The St. Louis Marriott West offers on-site dining at the newly renovated Blue Fire Grill, a contemporary fitness center, outdoor hiking trails, indoor/outdoor pools, a sauna and whirlpool. All guestrooms feature plush bedding, marble bathrooms, a large desk, and Bath & Body Works amenities. Concierge-level guestrooms include exclusive access to the Concierge Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your St. Louis Marriott West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Marriott West Hotel Chesterfield
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Marriott