“A Pleasant Surprise in the Heartland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Night Inn

You added Night Inn to your Saves list
Night Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1001 N. Locust, Interstate-70 Exit #66 Behind Casey's Store, Sweet Springs, MO 65351 (Formerly People's Choice Motel)   |
Special Rate
$42 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sweet Springs
glen rock nj
“A Pleasant Surprise in the Heartland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

On my road trip from Colorado Springs to NYC, I tried to plan 9 hours of driving per day and
9 hours took me right to Sweet Springs and the Night Inn. It is a small owner operated motel that has been completely renovated. Very friendly staff, frig/micro, right off I-70. Pet friendly with a $10 fee.
It also felt good to support a small business rather than a chain.

Room Tip: They also told me that if I made the reservation by phone it would be at a lower rate-!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bath, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

There isn't much to be found on this stretch of I 70 so it was nice not to be hostage to a high price chain hotel. My lil dog was welcome which makes this a shoe-in on future trips. My room was as nice or nicer than other privately owned motels. If this fits into your schedule....go for it!

Room Tip: I always worry where I'll be put since I have a dog. For a change I wasn't at the back end o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a reservation here and my heart sank when I saw the gaudy LED sign- but, the room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. This is a basic motel, for example there was no complimentary shampoo, but the rooms are newly redone and are above the standard I'd expect this place to have. Note that the lobby/breakfast room has not been redone- so don't base your expectations on that. Breakfast was simple but the muffins were good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The owner was pleasant and promised the same low rate for future stays ($49.99/dbl). The property is very well taken care of and the room was a pleasant surprise. There is newer decor and the shower was very nice. The room and bathroom needed a good vacuuming, but this is not uncommon in my traveling experience. The bed was firm and the bedding was crisp! The heater worked well and there were many channels from which to choose. Great location! Just off the interstate with enough parking for several trucks and trailers. Next door to a convenience store and across the street from a restaurant (though we opted for Casey's pizza--delicious!). Only downside was that the toilet did not flush properly. Also, a new shower head would be wonderful. Otherwise, a great find for a very economical price. Absolutely recommend!! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were 65 miles from our house when we were caught in a blinding snowstorm and decided we'd better get a motel at the next exit. We were charged the normal (very low for a motel on I-70) rate and not gouged. This older motel had redone their rooms with new beds, carpet, baths and furnishings. The room was large with a desk, small table, three chairs and a vanity stool in addition to the bed. There was an in-room frig inside the TV armoire. Everything was very clean. In addition, one of the staff helped shovel our cars out of the snowdrifts in the morning so we could be on our way. The bed was very comfortable and we got a good night's sleep. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Missouri.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little hotel for the price. We paid $55 a night but it is the end of February. The room was clean and decorated with retro lamps, free Wifi and continental breakfast. This is a great little place to crash after driving all day. I just wish there was a Dunken Donuts close by!

Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Excellent new room, superb service , nice price!! Best hotel in Missouri! The beds were so comfortable. Quite area. Night manager was wonderful ,, ,,,,
when our tv wouldn't work , he came right down to fix it. A+ in every area.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Night Inn? Share your experiences!