“Outstanding Hospitality & Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle's Nest Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunrise Beach
Eagle's Nest Resort
You added Eagle's Nest Resort to your Saves list
Sunrise Beach, MO 65079   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding Hospitality & Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Eagle’s Nest Resort exceeded my expectations! I have an extremely busy life with many commitments. In May 2010, I needed to get away from the stress in my life and give myself a break. When I arrived Bill & Sky greeted me with love and friendship, as if I were a close friend or family member. I stayed in the West Condo One Bedroom unit. It was immaculate, absolutely spotless! I do not think I have ever stayed anywhere so clean! The unit was beautifully decorated. There was an awesome view and it was so peaceful! See pictures attached.

Most of my visit was on the property because I mainly wanted to just relax. They gave me full permission to stroll in and out of the other units/houses. I was so amazed each one was just as clean and beautiful! They were decorated with unique and interesting objects based on themes as well as color coordinated. Sky certainly has a talent for decorating!

The resort grounds were very well taken care of and I enjoyed looking at all the different lawn decorations and signs. From the “Dream Swing” to the family of “Frogs”, each added to my stroll through out the property. Please see the attached pictures! I also enjoyed seeing the cats play around the property! It made me less home sick for my babies. With Bill being a retired veterinarian, I know the animals are well cared for at the resort.

Other than rest and enjoy the property, the only thing I wanted to do is get my nails done. Sky gave me a name and phone number of a salon that gave manicures/pedicures at reasonable prices. She was very helpful to guide me to good places to shop and eat as well.

Knowing my schedule and that I was helping others with my limited time, they discounted my rate! Since I was not able to arrive very early on Sunday and only able to stay a couple nights, they allowed me to have a very late check out! Both gestures were so greatly appreciated!

For me, the only two things missing from Eagle’s Nest Resort were a swimming pool and/or a beach swim area on the property. It would also be nice to be a little closer to the main stream. (However, then you would sacrifice the peacefulness of this area!) My only complaint would be the hot tub did not smell or feel fresh and clean.

Even though some time has passed, I can not thank the Johnson’s enough for making me a wonderful, restful get-away. I would highly recommend Eagle’s Nest Resort for spring, summer, fall as well as winter vacations or even short get-a-ways! Start planning now for the winter ~ I know I am trying to work it into my busy schedule!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Our two children and their families joined us. We stayed at the Twin Islands Retreat, which is an fantastic place. It has 5 bedrooms and beautiful views of the lake, decks all around and two kitchens (one for beer, one for food).
There were 10 of us, yet Twin Islands had enough nooks and crannies as well as open spaces so that we all could have time to ourselves as well as with the group.
The resort was exceptionally clean and well supplied with all the necessities. The facilities available included a game room, internet connections, docks, water slides and more. The one drawback is the lake on weekends; don't take a boat out on the lake until Sunday afternoon unless you like to rock and roll.
I read a review that complained about Sky's intrusiveness. This is utter nonsense. When Sky saw me she asked how it was going and that's it. When reading reviews it is important to question the reviewer. I am a critical reviewer of restaurants, hotels, etc; but there is little to be critical about at Eagles Nest Resort; we had a great time and that what is important.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Smithville, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We've just returned from Eagle's Nest and thought it delightful. There are a lot of cats, but usually scrambled away when seen us coming. Sky and Bill were gracious hosts, with help any time we asked. Sky was NOT intrusive in ANY way, but I did comment to her before we even made arrangments to stay that I had seen the negative comments on here, and needed to verify that this would not happen to us. I can't even imagine some of the jerks she's had to contend with that would book, and then violate her premises in such a way as I'd heard! We had the resort to ourselves, it seemed, and the traffic in front of the resort was not too heavy. The only negatives I can point out are the Veranda Suite is below Sky & Bill's home, and it DOES get noisy at ALL hours of the night. The walls and floor/ceiling are very thin. Also, I almost wiped out several times on the floor, as it is very slippery, even if your feet are a little wet from the jacuzi (nice - but water looked a itlle dirty), shower (worked perfectly & was roomy enough) or lake (very peaceful, clean & comfortable temp.) Also - got a tour of the 5 bedroom home available, and it was B-E-A-Utiful! The whole time we toured I couldn't help but think, 'How beautiful and peaceful this place seems.' I found it was exactly that! We loved the views from our private, shaded Veranda, gameroom was a blast and how close everything was in proximity to our 'home'! We'll go again, but probably rent out the White House.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

We recently spent 4 nights in the darling decorated Freedom Cottage. I had never been to The Ozarks so I was anticipating a new and relaxing trip. We were delighted to find all that and more.

It was very quiet at the resort since it was late in the season, but we came for sights of the fall foliage in the hills and valleys as well as just R & R. We were not disappointed. We spent a lot of time in the car as we traveled around the lake checking out restaurants, campgrounds, shopping, etc. We recommend the Olive Branch in Gravois Mills, as well as The Happy Fisherman and Bandanas Bar-B-Q in Osage Beach. We enjoyed good food at reasonable prices at all three places.

Bill and Sky Johnson were both very nice and helpful when we needed them...which was only for one small problem. We were thrilled that we were able to bring our cocker spaniel with us in this cottage and she, like us, settled into the comfortable cottage the moment we arrived. We loved the view of the lake from the deck and nearly every window. The deer that roamed the area as well as the squirrels playing and the woodpecker pecking were an added treat we did not expect.

Sky gave us a lovely tour of all the other cottages/houses at the resort and we were astounded by the cleanliness and beauty of each and everyone of them. Sky certainly has a knack for decorating and she praised Bill for all his building skills which were also quite obvious as every house was totally updated.

We did not use any of the amenities since we spent a lot of time checking out other parts of the lake, but there is a lot to do if you spend all your time relaxing at the resort.

We would love to bring our family here for a family vacation in the Twin Islands Retreat. However, if that doesn't work out for us I'm sure we will come back someday ourselves to one of the lovely houses.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Madison, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We felt welcome at this resort from the momet we arrived. Bill and Sky were very friendly and made us feel as if we were at home. We had taken our three grandchildren. ages 8, 5 and 4 (all boys) with us and we all had a great time. In other reviews I had read where people had said it wasn't a place to take your kids but I found this not to be true. Upon our arrival Sky greeted us and immediately gave us information about the attractions in the area for children and what was avaiable for them to do at the resort. They did not follow us around and watch ever move the kids made, in fact, the only time we saw them was when they were walking their dogs or we looked them up if we had a question or needed help. Sky even went out of her way to let us know they were moving a building on the property and thought the boys might be interested in watching. Our next visit to the Ozarks will definitely be spent at this resort.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
West Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

This is the perfect place for big family reunions. We had over 50 adults and children and basically had the WHOLE place to ourselves. Twin Island Retreat, where I stayed, was huge. It was clean and very well presented. The other houses that I happen to go in were also pleasing. This is managed by Sky and Bill. They were very accomodating to our large family: lake tours, advice on where to rent boats and jet ski's, taking pictures of our family, etc. They do expect you to follow the rules but were never overly rude when they felt the need to remind us of said rules. They are very easy to visit with. We have already reserved the whole place for our next reunion in 2011. The only thing I wish it had were an actual beach but other than that, it was perfect for our family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We rented 9 of the on-site units for 3 nights for a family reunion of 4 generations, totalling 50 people, including children from 2 months to older teens. It was a perfect set-up for us. Twin Islands Retreat was wonderful with 2 kitchens for all our cooking and lots of seating inside and out as gathering spots. The views of the lake from the decks of all units and, especially, Twin Islands Retreat are just breathtaking. We enjoyed the swim docks, game room, hot tub, volleyball court and pavillion with huge gas grill. Bill and Sky recommended great places to rent a ski boat and waverunners and gave us coupons for discounts on golf rounds. It's a nice perk that they provide coffee, creamer, popcorn, dishwashing detergent and plenty of towels. We enjoyed the quiet side of the lake and this was a nice private location for our entire family to enjoy each others company. Yes, there are rules to follow, but they are for the safety of both the guests and the owners' property. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Eagle's Nest Resort? Share your experiences!