“All you could want in one place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Winchester, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
“All you could want in one place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We camped here during the week with our 2 kiddos. We had a great time. It was pretty empty and quiet. The river is nice and clean. The camp grounds are very well kept. I would recommend staying during the week for a quiet relaxing trip and party on weekends. I would like to return to try out canoeing with our children. I think they would love it!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Rude Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to almost every floating facility in the area and I have never experienced the disrespect from staff and management as I did at Bass River Resorts. I am thankful there are some many places in the area that are comparable to Bass in cleanliness. I'm sure it was a stressful weekend for them as the river was up and they were dealing with flooding and other issues. However, I would not have driven down if I knew the campsites were flooded and there was a possibility we could not float. Mind you I called the day we left just 2.5 hours before getting there. Bass responded and said "Everything was great, we would be floating and there were no issues" Next we get there and they tell us there is a possibility we can't float tomorrow and that our campsite is under water. They found us a new campsite, but their staff put my group at a campsite that was literally just standing water, no where to put a tent up anywhere. When I asked to have us moved, one of the employees response was "SO? It's like that everywhere." Fianlly after some discussion we were moved. Friday night was fine we had fun and went to sleep. Saturday we learned that we could not float until noon. We set up to be picked up from our campsite at 12:30, at nearly 2:00 after we had to complain 3 times, we were picked up. The float was fine, and nice weather. When we get back, we learn that management said someone in our group destroyed property, which wasn't the case, our cars/trucks did not leave at all until we actually left for good. My friend and I went to address it with the manager who proceeded to scream at us in the middle of the little store, told me he was going to "talk to me like an animal", brought his bus drivers up to gang up on us. When asked if there was someone above him for us to speak to, he threw his business card and hit my friend directly in the face. He had no interest in trying to discuss the real issue, which was to clear up who actually was responsible for the destruction of the campsite. I asked if there was any way we could just get a refund for the campsite for Saturday night and we would all leave, he told me to come back in two hours and he would thinkg about it (the general store closed in exactly 2 hours at this point, so I assume he just did not want to deal with me). Overall, the facilities are very nice and the floating was not bad. I just don't think I could deal with staff like that ever again, I am a pretty kind person and I wouldn't wish that kind of treatment on my worst enemy.

Visited August 2013
Springfield, Illinois
41 attraction reviews
“Good friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed midweek in a "cozy cabin" and the camp ground and pool area/store were all in super great shape. Our only complaint was that the cabin (2A) did not smell very good , however when we mentioned it they did give us a free aromatherapy candle to help matters. Other than that they were very accommodating as far as the float trip. We floated on the Courtois and it was an excellent trip. Clear water, areas where you can pull over and "shoot the rapids" as well as other friendly floaters made for a great time. Will return but probably spend a little extra and get the bigger cabin as the cozy cabins are pretty tight, especially the bathrooms.

Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Gotta Get Back There!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family of 5 did a Monday float (6 mile) & it couldn't have been more perfect!! The staff was very helpful from the pre-float phone calls to our sign-in to the drop-off.
The river was beautiful! We especially liked being dropped off upstream so when our float was complete, we could just walk on back to our vehicle.
The grounds at the resort appeared very well kept. We plan on staying in the cozy cabins next time!

New Athens, il
“Holiday Camping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just spent 4 relaxing days tent camping with electric and water. The camp ground was full and a lot of activity going on. Our camp spot was in the sun which wasn't great. Thankfully we had a screened in room to cover our table. I love going to Bass Resort and have been going there for years. The river is beautiful and great to swim in or float. Canoes or kayaks are the best for this river (creek). Rafting and tubing are ok if the river is high enough otherwise you will be doing a lot of walking. The camp ground is always clean and well taken care of. My problems with this place is not being able to cancel a reservation with a refund, the showers are small and not priviate at all and they charge for them, and the cost of camping and floating are very high. If you can get your mind past all of that then it's a great place. Pets are very welcomed!