“Better than it looked” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arbor Suites Medical Mile

You added Arbor Suites Medical Mile to your Saves list
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 E. Independence Street, Springfield, MO 65804-4284 (Formerly Howard Johnson Springfield/Medical District)   |
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Better than it looked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Arbor Suites-Medical Mile which is located just across the road from the Cox Medical Center where my sister was a patient in the ICU unit. I had called to make a reservation not knowing what type of hotel this was. When I drove into the parking lot I questioned myself for thinking of staying there. That was the last time I had that thought though because my stay there was terrific. Like a book one needs to make judgment from the pages and not the cover, just like a visitor to the Arbor Suites needs to do. The outside of it looked like a motel/hotel from the the 60's where the doors into the rooms were entered from the outside of the building. The lady that checked me in was very cordial and understanding of my situation. Once I arrived at my room and opened the door to see what the room really looked like inside took my breath away. The rooms had been totally redecorated and furnished to the highest quality. The furniture to include a large king bed looked pretty new. I was anticipating the room to have a musty smell, but it was far from that. The room was extremely clean and had that smell to it. The bed was very comfortable. Checkout the next morning went with ease. The breakfast they provided looked great, but I was not able to eat there because I had to get back to the hospital. Thank you Arbor Suites for my great stay there. The special price they charged for people visiting family at Cox was very appreciative.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tiffiany C, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about you recent stay with us here at Arbor Suites Medical Mile! I am extremely pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It is our main goal that all of our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. We are dedicated to making sure each guest is happy. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my staff. Thank you again!

We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Owasso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Any one staying in the Springfield, MO area needs to try out Arbor Suites. its by the Hospital, one block from James Epp Hwy, just blocks from 65, easy to 244, and the rooms are always clean with lots of room, a suite for the same price as a regular room not as nice. I come here every eight weeks on work and this trip I tried a different hotel that had a good rating for the same money and the rooms were smaller, breakfeast not as good and people not as nice. the staff at Arbor Inn are always very nice and helpful if needed. I stayed 2 nights at the new Hotel but the third night I had to go back to Arbor.

Room Tip: Try it and you will go back. Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We strive to be the best we can be and hearing from guest like you lets us know that we are doing good.
We are in a great location with easy access to just about everything which makes it nice.
Location, being budget friendly, customer service and cleanliness are four very important things!
And we offer that. I want to thank you for continuing to stay with us and sharing your experience!
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very reasonably priced. Comfortable and clean. Special rates for people visiting friends or family in hospitals. Beds were good, plenty of pillows. Had handicapped shower available when we needed it. Lots of channels available on TV. Free breakfast. Great deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with what we have to offer.
Customer service is very important to us! I have a great staff here waiting to cater to your needs. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

What's wrong with this hotel? Very little. But the big disappointment is that there is no restaurant on site, and the only food service nearby is the overpriced cafeteria at Cox South Hospital, which has a limited selection on its menu each day. Secondly, there is only one wheel chair accessible table in the breakfast room. The laundry is on the second floor, and there is no elevator. In the handicapped rooms the kitchen has only a small refrigerator, a two burner electric hot plate which is too high to be used by a wheel chair bound person, and a microwave in an upper cabinet too high to be used by a wheel chair handicapped person.

Otherwise, beyond these minor gripes, common to the handicapped facilities in most hotels; this is an excellent respite for a long term stay. We came in November and plan to stay through April while we are having our home remodeled. On arrival we were greeted by a staff of friendly and helpful people that gives excellent service. So far the best crew we have experienced at an Elliot Lodging property.

Their long term rates are comfortable, and their knowledge of the nearby business community is excellent.

We have recommended the Arbor Suites on the Medical Mile to local people as a place to send family members that come to Springfield while other family members are at Cox South, and would recommend it to anyone that wanted to seek lodging in a facility with a relaxed atmosphere with clean, well maintained rooms and down home hospitality.

We have become acquainted with people that are out-patients at Cox South, who, in spite of the fact that Cox South operates their own hotel; choose to stay here because of the friendlier atmosphere , larger rooms and the ability to have their companion animals with them.

Shuttle service to the hospital and nearby businesses is provided without charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We encourage everyone to go on and let us know how their stay was, either good or bad. It lets us know how we are doing. I have an exceptional staff here and we take pride in what we do.
As far as not having a restaurant on site there are alot of options in the area other than the cafeteria at the hospital.
Again thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and I will check into a few things you mentioned.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my experience staying at this hotel .... from my call to reserve a room to the way I was greeted when I entered ... the quality and cleanliness of the room and overall service for the time I stayed with them...I would recommend it for a comfortable stay ...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! Customer Service is very important to all of us here at the hotel. Our goal is to go above and beyond to make sure every guest comes back. Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you soon.
McPherson, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Purchased this stay thru hotwire.com and was very pleasantly surprised. They were very accommadating. The room was excellent and very roomy, more than we were expecting for sure. Pretty quiet too, just the ambulances that go out occasionally is the only noise I heard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
What a great way to start the New Year with a good review! Thank you so much! It can be a little tricky when you booked on a third party sight because you sometimes don't know where you will end up staying but I am so glad that you chose us. Our rooms are a little bigger than the average room, extra space is always nice when traveling. We look forward to seeing you again.
Moody
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had never stayed in this motel since new owners had taken over and had a pleasant surprise once there. We wanted to stay close to hospital and Ferrell-Duncan, this motel was very clean, pet friendly and very reasonable. Staff was great to work with during booking the room on the phone to check in. Thankful for such a nice place to stay that is budget friendly and close to all our medical needs away from home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you decided to try us out since the new owner. We are a clean, budget friendly hotel that is close to both major hospitals and Clinics. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Arbor Suites Medical Mile? Share your experiences!