“Great value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arbor Suites Medical Mile

You added Arbor Suites Medical Mile to your Saves list
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 E. Independence Street, Springfield, MO 65804-4284 (Formerly Howard Johnson Springfield/Medical District)   |
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
“Great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I came to Springfield for a funeral. We found Arbor Suites listed in a Hotel coupon book. We found the room to look as nice as it's photo. It was very clean(even the air conditioner filters were clean) centrally located, and served a nice hot breakfast. Had a nice couch, microwave, refrigerator,& comfortable bed. Much nicer than a few other hotels we stayed at recently and was well worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We recently received the Certificate of Excellence Award and that is solely based on our customer reviews. We appreciate all reviews good or bad, that lets us know how we are doing. My staff takes pride in what they do. I hope the next time you are in the area that you stop in and see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lake Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I were just in Springfield for the night, so we were looking for a hotel that was clean, close to everything, and reasonably priced. This hotel was all 3. It was a little dated but kept up very well. Our room was very nice and very comfortable and very clean. We were close to shopping and plenty of dining choices. The staff was very nice and very good with directions. Overall I would recomend this hotel. They also had a very nice breakfast in the morning,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for the great comment! Customer Service is very important to us. From giving directions to just making you feel at home. Although we are in the Medical District there are many options for dining and shopping. If you are up for a nice walk or a jog, Burrell Park is across from us and has a track around the pond with friendly geese greeting you. We hope to see you soon.
Gassville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We can't say enogugh. It had everything! It was clean, spacious, fridge, micro, wifi, desk w/comfy chair and a couch. I loved the bathroom. Staff was so helpful and friendly. Everything was so convientant. Icemaker was close, breakfast was awesome. Very nice, clean outdoor pool. We will definately go back. Wish every city we visited had this hotel. Best of all was the price!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! My staff works really hard to go above and beyond! Customer Service is VERY important to us! We strive to be the best we can be! We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My company got this hotel through priceline for me and it had amazing reviews on tripadvisor. We drove from Texas to Springfield and reached the hotel at 1.45am. All I wanted to do at that point was lay down and sleep. I had to work in the morning.

We get to the hotel which is in a nice area, very well lit and was near a hospital. Everything was clean and it seemed like a safe place. So I went to check in, and the girl at the front desk gives us our room keys, no questions asked.

So we park and our room was upstairs. I don't know if they had an elevator or not, but the stairs was near the room so we decided to take as many things as we can on one trip to the room instead of wasting time looking for an elevator. We get to the room and the first thing I smell is SMOKE. I am very sensitive to that smell and there is no way I can spend 3 nights in that room. I was angry and upset.

Went to the front desk and asked for a non smoking room...she said that THEY DON'T HAVE ANY! She could have let us know that when we were checking IN!!! Now we had to go back down the stairs with all of our luggage because she referred us to another arbor suites at the mall....which was terrible, wasn't lit very well and wasn't clean.

She also cancelled the reservation so we had to pay out of our pocket for the room at the other hotel. I was tired and it was late (now it was almost 3 am), I didn't have a choice. I paid for one night. I am very disappointed.

I wouldn't have been so upset if they didn't waste my time and let me know in the first place that there was no non-smoking rooms available.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask if they have non-smoking rooms available if that's what you are looking for.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. Unfortuately when you book on some of the third parties you are just guananteed a room and that is whatever we have available. It is a good idea to call the hotel direct and put in that "special" request. If we have it we are more than happy to make sure you get what you want. I also apologize that my front desk staff didn't let you know it would be a smoking room I will talk with my staff about that. I will check into that fact that you had to pay for the room because you had already paid for it through the third party. If you decide to come back and stay call us direct so we can get you what you want!
Southeast Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Service was great. Breakfast was good. Mattress was worn down and made it feel as we were going to roll out of bed at any point. Bed frame needed tightened as it shook with the slightest movement awaking the other person. If had new mattresses for a more comfortable sleep, hotel would be a wonderful value. Like the arrangement of the room, with seperate couch sleeping area and doors leading to bathroom. Like that a refrig and microwave were also included.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I do apologize about the beds, we are checking in to replacing some of our mattresses I will have my maintenance look at the room you were in and get that fixed. We work really hard to make sure that you, our guest will come back and stay with us again. Hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Great place for the price. The room was big. I liked the setup for the bathroom. I was afraid it would be noisy because it was right next to the highway but we never heard any outside noise. Breakfast food was very good.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you decided to stay with us. We do have a good selection of breakfast items to get you started with your busy day! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Sunset Hills, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed for 3 days during new student orientation at Missouri State University. Excellent facility for the price. Spacious rooms, cable tv, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerater in each room, hot complimentary breakfast, free USA Today. Very clean with a friendly staff. Will stay here on next trip to Springfield.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Arbor Suites Medical Mile, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanks for the great review! We are proud of our property and I am proud of my staff! They go above and beyond! We just a short drive on National to MSU and hope to see you again!

Been to Arbor Suites Medical Mile? Share your experiences!