“ANTS!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lamplighter Inn & Suites North

You added Lamplighter Inn & Suites North to your Saves list
Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2820 North Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65803 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Fort Worth, Texas
“ANTS!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Drove in late from Texas. Checked in at 12:30am exhausted with a 6-month-old in tow. Got a room with 2 queen size beds. Room was aesthetically pleasing although the exterior was in rough shape when viewed closely. (Rusted railings, dated style). Upon entering the room, we found the TV on but tuned to a scrambled station. The desk chair was sitting in front of the tv and a red solo cup was sitting next to the tv. We were concerned someone else was staying and had stepped out for a minute or something, so we called the desk. The lady said they had been working on the cable and the technician must have left his cup. Really?!?! Gross. We were so tired that my husband convinced me to settle in and get some sleep. The baby and I slept in one bed and my husband in the other. I woke up at 5:30am to give the fussing baby a bottle and while doing so felt something crawling on my arm. I turned the side table light on to find the table teaming with black ants. They were inside both of our soda cans which my husband had taken a drink from in the dark. We were completely freaked out. I called the desk to explain the situation and the lady said she'd speak to her manager before we checked out to see about a credit/discount. We packed up to leave and as I checked the bed to make sure we hadn't left anything. I noticed a few ants on the bed that my baby and I were sleeping in. My husband went to the desk to check out and the lady said this is a battle they've been fighting and gave us $10 off our bill. Are you kidding?!?! $10? Thanks a ton. My husband drank ants!!!! We would NEVER go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wes H, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We totally blew it! Your experience was totally excusable and for that I can't apologize enough at this time. First you should never have had to stay in that room. Maintenance should have put that room out of order for the TV issue. The night staff should have insisted you move to another room at the very least. Finally, the ants really makes me disappointed in our problem resolution for you. You are correct $10 !? I have instructed my staff when a customer is so totally disturbed with issues, which thankfully doesn't happen but seldom, they are empowered to provide you with a room at no charge. We totally failed our customer service for you. Presently, the ownership is remodeling many rooms with new beds and upgraded furniture. I would encourage you to please try us one more time so we can prove that your last visit was not the norm.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was hesitant to stay by the outside appearance and location traveling with kids in a bigger city.The lady at the desk Amy was wonderful.My kids enjoyed her hospitality as much as i did.She went above and beyond any other experience we have had.Great customer service is a huge plus in my book.definitely will stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I forwarded them to Amy and she was thrilled. Amy is one of our newer customer service people and your comments were a big help for her. As an FYI we are presently going through a major upgrade in our rooms with many new beds and furniture. Thank you again for staying with us.
Vienna, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I usually stay at Holiday Inns, where the quality is usually dependable (though not always), but all the Holiday Inns were booked up for King sized beds, so we gave Lamplighter a go for our last minute one night stay.
We were pleasantly surprised to see that although the property is not brand new, they have done a good job of keeping a new look and feel to the rooms.
The breakfast was good and honestly we got a LOT of value for the money. I have paid twice as much for not even half as good a room.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are trying very hard to provide the best value for your dollars spent that we can provide. You will also be happy to know that the ownership is presently continuing his property improvements and is adding many new beds and upgrading the furniture in several more rooms. Please stop in again and see our new look.
Riverview, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is located near the ramp of I-44 which makes for easy on and off the expressway. The rooms were comfortable and economically priced. We stayed there for 4 nights and was a very comfortable hotel. They provided the usual free breakfast but if you wish something better the Cracker Barrel is just across the parking lot from the hotel and we walked there on a few occasions. The rooms were clean and well kept and the provide excellent clean up service each day. The people were friendly and accommodating and the free WIFI worked as it should.
This is a good choice if staying in the Springfield Missouri area and we will be staying there again.

Room Tip: This is a good choice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wes H, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. We are constantly trying to improve both our property and our customer service. Your honest feedback is very important to us to help in reaching our goals of great customer service. Thank you again for your kind remarks and do give us the honor to provide you with our customer service again the next time you travel to Springfield.
Sioux City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a Saturday night June 22nd. We arrived at the hotel around 10:45 pm, the lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I presented a coupon I had found on interstate travel buddy. She stated she had never seen these before but did accept it and the rate of 59.95 a night. Not a bad discount for the normal 70-80 rate this hotel has at this time of year.

The hotel was pretty busy and shares a parking lot with another hotel.

There is a Steak n Shake location right next door that is open 24 hours on the weekends Friday-Sunday night. Also there is a Cracker Barrel on the other side of the hotel. Both are walking distance, depending on the weather :)

The room was pretty nice. We were on the 3rd floor on the balcony overlooking the pool. The room was pretty nice and had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The room was clean and good sized. I did find the security chain on the door was a little hard to use. When you tried to undo it it would jam up not a huge deal unless you needed to exit in a hurry.

I didnt get to try the breakfast as I overslept.

Overall a pretty nice stay and with the location I'm likely to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you so late in the evening. Please come back to see us again so you can experience our great hot breakfast.
White Cloud, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had a great stay, very nice heated pool and spa, room was great, minus the fact that the 200-219 rooms internet kept going down, the night manager had to fix it a couple times and then got up in the AM and no internet again. There are 2 restaurants in the same parking lot ( steak n shake and cracker barrel) we ate at the cracker barrel and it was good. They hav lots of parking in the rear if you are towing a trailer. Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good (waffles, cold cereal, biscuits and sausage gravy and fresh fruit, OJ, Milk, Tea and Coffeee). will stay again if we come thru town again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks. We are constantly trying to improve our property and our customer service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast. We know that morning time is important and it makes your day go better when things start out in a positive way. Usually we have little trouble with our WIFI because we are offering the highest speeds our local cable company provides. However, during your stay we had a very high usage rate with our customer count. Please accept my apology for your internet troubles. Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Springfield.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were in the middle of a long drive and decided to stop late in the evening. I found a great "web only" rate online but called the hotel directly to ask if pets were welcome. I was happy to hear that they were. The agent, John, told me I didn't need to go back online to book that rate because he would certainly extend that rate and book the room for me.

I was satisfied with the accomodations. I was VERY please with John's guest service!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We are all trying harder to improve our overall property and especially our customer service efforts. I have forwarded your remarks to John and he was thrilled to hear that his extra efforts were appreciated. Thanks again for your kind remarks and do come back and see us.

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!