“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamplighter Inn & Suites North

You added Lamplighter Inn & Suites North to your Saves list
Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2820 North Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65803 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Mahomet, Illinois
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I spend over 100+ nights in a hotel a year, and 50% of that is in Springfield MO. The Lamplighter Inn & Suites North is a FANTASTIC facility with an incredible staff from top to bottom. They can accomodate my business and personal needs with their full service convention center facilities to the newly remodeled interior rooms with high speed internet. The facility includes breakfast, lounge, indoor pool, etc..........giving this regional hotel all the amenities that a large chain has to offer with a staff that really cares.
I always reccommend this hotel to all my friends, co-workers, and family who find themselves traveling or staying in the Springfield MO area!!! A++ place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ryan R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Lamplighter Inn & Suites Convention Center. It is a true honor when a guest can call a hotel their home when they are traveling. I am pleased that we have been able to meet your expectations during your stays here at the hotel. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and continue to grow at the hotel. It is comments such as this, that helps motivate my staff to continue to meet or go beyond the expectations a guest may have. We are going through renovations here at the hotel to continue to meet guest's expectations. We gladly welcome you back to stay with us in our newly remodeled rooms. Again, thank you for allowing Lamplighter Inn & Suites to be your lodging choice for Springfield, Mo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Excellent service - someone even called from the front desk to see if everything was to our liking. Comfortable bed. Truly a no smoking room. Very clean room. The indoor heated pool and hot tub were a bonus. Great breakfast. Easy access from the highway. Many restuarants in the area.

• Stayed October 2012
LaTricia R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time to post a review. I am glad that we could accommodate your needs. Taking care of our guest is our priority! We would love to have you back if you are ever in the area again.
Licking, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have stayed here many times over the last couple years and up to are last stay always enjoyed staying there, but our last stay 09/07/12 to 09/09/12 was the worse. We "NEVER" got any room service (had to go ask for towels), only a 1/2 roll of toilet paper in room with no back up (Yes we did have to end up using kleenx), they had removed the ironing board and we asked for one at the front desk but never got one. Not only was the room not taken care of "BUT" the front desk really didn't care. What a shame as we really did enjoy staying there before.

Room Tip: I would look for another place to stay
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaTricia R, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Mr. Higbee,

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience. I really enjoyed talking with you this morning. I have sent you out the gift cert. we discussed and I have taken care of those charges. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to speaking with you again!!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived late at night and all the major hotel chains in Springfield were full. We tried our luck with this smaller hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We noticed that it had won a 2011 Trip Advisor award which made us feel better about going with this lower than our usual comfort / rate hotel. We were bracing ourselves entering the room, but it was really clean and welcoming. The salt water pool was murkier than we are used to, and the tiles could have used a scrub, but swimming there was very pleasant, in the gazebo type room, underneath the stars. The breakfast was comparable to what the big chains are offering. Simple and mass-produced, but varied and adequate. We would go back again and recommend it as good value for money.

Room Tip: See if they have any interior rooms available. A little safer to be in a corridor than having access...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was there at that hotel with my friends fromAug. 2 thru Aug. 6 for a Convention. The elevator kept breaking down the whole time we were there. I had to walk down for two day from the third floor with my walker and oxygen every time I had to go to a meeting or out to eat. There were alot of ladies at this convention on walkers and canes that had trouble going up and down stepsand the hotel really did nothing to help us excwpt put us on outside rooms where we had to go out in the extreme heat to get to our rooms. Most of the ladies checked out early and either went home or another hotel. the hot breakfast was not good. most of the time it was barely hot and then they ran out of some of the food. When we checked out they did not even offer to take anything off the bill for the all we had to put up with that weekend. So we paid full price for a loosey hotel. We will never stay at this hotel again. The repair man for the elevator said the heat was the reason that the elevaator keep breaking down and that it rally needs to be replaced becausw it is a ral old elevator.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not a bad place, but on arrival, I noticed many hotels/motels in the immediate area, some with permanent $29.95 signs posted. Their so-called "full breakfast" was barely that and by comparison to what else is in the immediate neighborhood, it seems pricey in retrospect. The walkways to the rooms could stand considerable improvement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ray, Thank you for taking time to write a review. I have spoken to upper management and
Im happy to say we will be working on some outside improvements and we have added to our breakfast selections. We would like to invite you back to see our progress.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I've read the reviews and find one or two unfairly bad. I did find one a little too good. Over all given the age of the place I believe it is a good deal. It is at a busy intersection, it does get crowded at night with the dinner customers. The staff is great! Give them a request and they are on it! Solve it and they smile.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!