“I should have slept in the car...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3404 E. Ridgeview St., Springfield, MO 65804 (Formerly Motel 6)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #47 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Bensenville, Illinois
“I should have slept in the car...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Never stayed at ABVI before. Only stopped here because my GPS couldn´t find the Motel6 I was looking for. As usual, traveling with my 20 pound dog. Sign at front desk states "This hotel is not pet friendly." Seriously. $10 more. Put into a "pet room." Carpeting in room at door worn through to subfloor. Door bottom pretty well scratched up from terrified animals or guests. Not so faint odor of urine in room. Whether from people or pets, God knows. Wanted to open the windows, but they don´t (open, that is.) Furniture I´m guessing vintage 1970´s. The chairs would look better on the curb. As said in a prior post, pool is STILL not available. Because of the color of the water, it is ready for St. Patrick´s day 2014 though. (Not that I was looking for a swim.) Seriously considered asking for a refund, but doubtful I would receive it anyway...

Room Tip: Don't bring a pet. Maybe the regular rooms are better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Falguni P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write a review.
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. we are going to be going under some renovations soon. so hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you better

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Florence, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great little place. Clean and priced right. I asked to leave my truck in the parking lot a few hours after check-out and staff graciously allowed it. Not fancy, but clean. Only downside was the very noisy family in the room next door. I don't think the hotel was full and they could have been placed in a non-adjoining room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
falguni p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review.

we are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us it was nice to hear that the front desk staff had provided you with exceptional service, we work very hard to ensure every guest feel special. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Waco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

First thing when we walked in, I asked the frontdesk, is this not a new Hotel, because I remember reading something about it being new and that is why we decided to stay here.....she advised me no its 6 years old, and it use to be a Motel 6, they changed names. Wow! if this was 6 years old, it must have been hit by a storm. Then I asked why the pool was not in operation, she said it was under maintenance, really????? The hottest time of the year and it was not available, which nothing on website said that...... My room was horrible, so nasty, the floors and the carpet were nasty, looked like they had not been cleaned ever. We should have left, but like the other gentlemen, I am sure they would not give us our money back either. I hated to let my dog even on the floor which they charged me $10.00 a night for, at least she got to sleep in her bed............we found food in our air conditioner that hung on the wall, it was disgusting. I did not bring any shampoo, normally I do, but most Hotels will supply a small bottle, not this one!!!! What continental breakfast.........that was so bad I would not have eaten it anyway. It was a good thing, I had brought homemade muffins and my own fruit to eat, and that is exactly what we had each morning. If I could have left I would have immediately, but we had already paid in advance for a special price. Please beware of this from now own, and do not trust these pictures..............We decided from now own, just pay a little more and get a nicer Hotel. We are through with staying at any AMERICA'S BEST VALUE INN. you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: No room is good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our hotel.
I would like to apologize for miscommunication between you and the staff. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you had expected. we will be using your feedback to make improvements to ensure the satisfaction our guest.
I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better in the near future.
West Plains, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My room was so filthy I asked for a refund right after I checked in and they refused. towels and sheets were stained and gross. pillows should be burned they are so disgusting. I kept my socks on the carpet was so grimy, and did not dare to take a shower in the gross tub. I've never been so disgusted in my life. Never again will I stay at any Americas best value inn.

Room Tip: No room here is a good room. stay away!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Falguni P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2015
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our location. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We will be using your feedback to help us make improvements and to create a better experience. We hope you give us a chance to better serve you in the near future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Its a nice facade. But beware if ashlynn is working the front desk. More interested in socializing than working the customers are the ones that suffer. Great if you just need to sleep but if you expect to watch TV or have an extra pillow or towel your out of luck. Cleanliness is good but tables in the room were missing legs

• Stayed October 2012
we appreciate you taking time to write a review regarding your stay with us at Americas Best Value Inn.
on behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectation. satisfying our guest is our prime goal. we will be using your comments to make changes.
I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!