“Great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Hotel Springfield

You added DoubleTree Hotel Springfield to your Saves list
DoubleTree Hotel Springfield
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2431 North Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65803 (Formerly Hawthorn Park Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As visitors from South Africa we were very pleased with our stay. Friendly and polite staff made the stay so much better. Best of the 6 day stay? the breakfast of course!! Special thanks to Jason and Wesley from the front desk and Al for the shuttle and chats.

• Stayed September 2013
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Springfield, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent visit. It is great to have International Guests and see we were successful in providing a memorable stay. I will recognize Wes, Kyle and Al from your individual recognition.
Brian Inman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
springfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Doubletree many times. It is the best hotel in Springfieid missouri. The restaurant is a Houlihan's that is very good. The hotel is situated right on Highway 65 so it is easy to get anywhere from the hotel. Greta staff. Never a problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay, I will share your comments with our Team. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
Cadiz, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'd like to preface my review by saying that if I had to pick my top hotel that I've stayed at in 2013; I'd vote the DoubleTree of Springfield as my #1 choice.

The hotel itself is located on the ever popular Glenstone Avenue. It's easily accessible off I-44 (I believe exit 80 or 77). The entrance has a somewhat quick turn. The parking lot is of a good size and is shared with the Houlihann's restaurant. The Doubletree in Springfield is set up unlike their typical style. It's set up more like an Embassy Suites with the open atrium setting. The atrium provides a sense of panache but does not translate to more noise. The check-in process was very smooth. Leah was manning the front desk and was very cordial and respectable; enough so to make it so I remembered her name at least. This hotel has a "guest of the day" program that I've only seen at one other hotel (Hampton Inn-Petersburg, VA). The guest of the day gets upgraded to the "Club" floor (offers a nightly manager's reception) and they leave a nice gift basket of goodies in your room. This kind of personal touch is what led me to cancel my hotel reservation at a different hotel in the area and re-book with the DoubleTree on Sunday night.

The rooms themselves are great. They are well taken care of given the age of this hotel. Everything was cleaned very well and the bathroom amenities were top self. The bed was clean and comfortable and I didn't have any issues hearing the people in the room next to me or any hallways noise. The internet connection worked well and the shower suited its purpose for me. Lighting in the room was good and the views outside the window are unremarkable.

Breakfast in the morning at Gracie's was good. They had a hot selection of eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, biscuits, a parfait bar, milk, and a "cook to order" omelet/egg bar. I got free breakfast both mornings due to my HHonors status so I can't say how much it would typically run you. My guess is that it's not cheap. The service in the restaurant at the morning was very good as well.

Clearly, this is a very well ran hotel. The management was on the premises and clearly took pride in their hotel. They also have a well run Facebook site. The rates were great. they offered a Government discount which made the price very fair. Overall, an excellent hotel and probably the best run place I've stayed at in a long time. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're in the Springfield area. (P.S. It's pet friendly if you're traveling with pets; I was not).

Room Tip: 10th floor is the "Club" Floor. Try for it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Springfield, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review of the DoubleTree by Hilron in Springfield, I will celebrate your comments with our Team. I look ofrward to your future visits to the Springfield area and hope to personally meet you.
Reston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks while on business travel. Good cleaning service, great breakfast in the morning, and a fitness center that was ok. All in all, I was comfortable during my stay and would return again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments and choosing the DoubleTree as your Home for the two weeks you were in town doing business. Your positive comments are appreciated and I will recognize the Restaurant and Housekeeping Teams for their accomplishments.
Hubbard, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is unbelievable. Everyone is so friendly. The hotel is immaculate. The rooms are big and the beds are very comfortable. The staff makes you feel like you are royalty. I would recommend this hotel and this chain to everyone I know. It is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments, I will celebrate the successes with our Team. I enjoyed the comment that we treated you like royalty, that says it all.
Joplin, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were in one of the budget rooms, I believe, and got a good rate. The room was very nicely furnished, and immaculate. Bath was very nice and up to date, and also immaculate. The room was lacking a fridge or microwave, which I expected in an upscale room. Not a free breakfast, but they do have a nice dining room with a $7 buffet. No meats, simply cereal, breads, waffles, yogurt, juices and fruits. The more expensive option has eggs, meats, an omelet station for $10. It has indoor pool with a section that leads outside to a small pool deck, and hot tub. Parking was great, the place was quiet, the location was great, well located for the northeast part of city.

Bottom line is that it is a very nicely put together package. Great, friendly staff, clean and pleasant rooms, and a reasonable price for a high quality property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Springfield, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay, I have noted your considerations and appreciate your constructive comments. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
branson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am very picky when it comes to my travel accomodations. This hotel and the room was clean, a great value, and the staff was very courteous. The lobby is also very inviting and decorated wonderfully, I would definetly recommend and stay again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments, I am glad we were able to make your stay special. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
Brian Inman

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Springfield? Share your experiences!