“Clean room, smelled kind of weird.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Hotel Springfield

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Hotel Springfield to your Saves list
DoubleTree Hotel Springfield
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2431 North Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65803 (Formerly Hawthorn Park Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #7 of 49 hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
KS
“Clean room, smelled kind of weird.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you have a nut allergy, you probably want to avoid this hotel. The hotel staff offers you a cookie (with nuts) upon arrival, and the in-house restaurant uses nuts in most of its dishes. So, be warned. My allergy isn't going to kill me, but if yours will, you should stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Springfield, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, we take your comments very seriously. I do want to address the comment regarding allergies and that nuts are used to make our Signature DoubleTree Cookies. We do offer an alternative of fresh fruit, located in our gift shop adjacent to the front desk, for guest who may suffer from nut or gluten allergies, if we failed to let you know, I apologize.
I do hope you will choose the DoubleTree in Springfield for your future visits to the area.

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our room was well appointed with comfortable beds, (especially the pillows), clean, quiet and even FREE wi-fi! The warm cookies you receive upon checking in hit the spot after a long car drive. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Google maps uses the Glenstone address, but the hotel is on the northwest corner of Glenstone and Ke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Springfield, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay, I have passed them along to our Team. I noticed your specific comment regarding our bedding and am grateful due to our recent refresh of our entire bedding with the new Hilton package, thanks for noticing.
Cleveland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I must say this is the best experience I have had with my soccer team. I coach Delta State University and my college lads thoroughly enjoyed their stay, as did I. The breakfast was lovely, the rooms and hotel were clean and the bar downstairs certainly helps after a loss. We also used the meeting room which was fantastic for watching game tape on. After games, the guys cooled down in the pool and hot tub which was needed. I wouldnt stay anywhere else and definitely recommend this to anyone from young couples to business clients.
THANKS!!

Room Tip: Get a suite...they are nice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Springfield, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
What a great comment regarding our handling of your Sports Team. We are striving to provide those special touches to all our College and High School sports groups and your comments are the perfect testimonial.
I hope you choose the DoubleTree Springfield for all future events in the area.
Central Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Doubletree - Springfield has become my #1 choice when travelling to this area of the state. The staff at the Doubletree are the most cordial I have come into contact with. The hotel, while a bit dated in its interior design, is clean and located right off of I-44 on Glenstone Avenue. I've stayed at numerous hotels in Springfield over the last several years, and Doubletree has the absolute most comfortable beds in the city. I've not used the pool or hot tub facilities, so I can not speak to them, but because of the comfortable beds and the excellent service I receive at the Doubletree, they have won my future business anytime I need overnight rooming in the Springfield area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comments regarding our Team and Services, I will pass your comments along. I ask the same question, why are we not #1 in Trip Advisor? This gives us a challenge and goal to constantly strive for.
I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed there for one night. The room was not as updated as expected, but not bad. The hotel could use an upgrade. But the beds were great and the room was quiet. The staff was helpful and warm. The breakfast was really good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

From the moment you walk through the front door, you can tell that the staff will take care of you. We stayed three days after taking our daughter to college and they addressed any need we had. In fact, our 9 year old got our hair brush stuck in her hair and their maintenance man immediately brought some bolt cutters up for me to cut the brush out.

They have a pool that is indoor outdoor, not great but good. My kids loved it.

And the breakfast was delicious- omelet bar was great.

My only issue was with one of our beds in the hotel. It was sunken in the middle. Usually Hilton beds are great and I was a bit surprised. We woke up with a sore back. We told the staff and then switched with our daughters (young backs don't seem to hurt). And the other bed was fine.

Overall, very good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate you noticing the, "little things" our Team tries to provide to every guest. I have addressed the issues with your bed with our Chief Engineer, thank you for letting us know.
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Every summer we travel thru Springfield to Table Rock Lake, Branson West with several friends and families. The past several years we have been staying at the Spingfield Double Tree on our way down to the lake. Not only does it have the most friendly and professional staff we've encountered, our accomodations have always been outstanding. They serve an excellent hot breakfast, with a wide variety of choices. BUT, the best part of the stay is, the HOT OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!

Room Tip: We've been on all floors & sides, they're all great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your recent visit. I will share your comments with our Team, especially our Gracie's Restaurant Team.
I look forward to your future visits in the Springfield area.
Brian Inman

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Springfield? Share your experiences!