“nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Clinton, Arkansas
“nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

last time we stayed we were heading back to Arkansas the hotel from check in to check was wonderful nice lobby did not use the pool so I cant comment on it overall I would stay here again next time I am in the area

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Spencer D,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and always look forward to your return visit next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

For a hotel that advertises as renovated , I would hate to have seen it before , not once from the time we walked in did anyone lift their heads to acknowledge us , the other thing is I'm sure there was animals in our room , I'm asthmatic and from the time I arrived I was using all types of medication . Not impressed , as for the brick pillows. Pathetic. Then not a single Mirror for dressing. Only the bathroom. Thanks but no thanks

• Stayed July 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience during your most recent stay at our property, as I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. I thank you so much for sharing your comments, and I will be looking into the specific details you mentioned so we can get them corrected immediately. Holiday Inn does offer two different type of pillows in every room, one set being soft and the other set firm, so I am not sure what happened with the pillows. If you do decide to stay with us again in the future please contact me directly so we can ensure your next stay is excellent. Thank you again.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My 8-year-old daughter and I stayed here, along with my parents, for one night while traveling back to Texas. In the interest of full disclosure, we are Priority Club members, so I am not sure if this affected our treatment at the hotel.

We arrived around 4pm and our room was ready. The front desk staff were very pleasant and the check-in process was quick.

Our room, a king suite, was spacious and clean. I slept on the fold-out couch (my daughter camped in with her grandparents on the king size bed!) and found it, shockingly, to actually be comfortable! This is a first - I've slept on pull-outs at Disney, the one place on earth you'd expect comfort, and found this one to be BETTER.

Despite the fact that there was a religious convention at the hotel, we never heard a peep. Our room was super quiet (even facing the street!), bright with the curtains open but very dark and peaceful with the blackout shades drawn.

Overall we had a very nice experience, found the staff to be very accommodating (delivered extra pillows with a smile, always had a cheerful "hello" when we entered) and the hotel and rooms are quite lovely.

As an added bonus, it is within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel - just in case you don't feel like eating at the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: The 5th floor king suites are tucked away off the main hallways - VERY quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Springfield. It is always nice to hear such great comments from our guests. We always strive to deliver excellent customer service, and delighted to know that you had such a wonderful time while staying at our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next trip, thank you again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor so others can see what a great hotel and staff we have.
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our family stayed one night and the service was good. Arrived about 2pm and our room was ready. I didnt realize the hotel was so large. Traveling with my elderly grandfather who has difficulties walking long distances we had requested a room on the main floor or close to an elevator and we were on the 4th floor quite a distance from the elevator. We brought along my grandfather's wheelchair though so it was ok. check in was smooth, we were directed where to park so that it was closer to our room, We booked a 2 room family suite. it was clean, spacious, beds were comfortable. there was one bathroom with nice amenities, bath and body works brand toiletries, a handicap accessible shower and jacuzzi tub. only 2 chairs to actually sit down on but we weren't really in the room too much. the pool was indoor and there was a hot tub. very nice. I'm a Priority member so I received a complimentary drink coupon in the bar. service there was fast. we used the coffee pot and cups right away and called down to request more. staff was very quick at bringing replenishments. Breakfast the following day was pretty good. Only 8 dollars per person for the buffet. I think. it was a good selection and was convenient but there are a number of places along the same place if you're interested in exploring. The only thing my husband was disappointed in was the TV channel choices. We are not normally big tv fans but we stayed during the BlackHawks playoffs and being from Chicago area he wanted to watch the game. The game was playing on a cable channel that the hotel didnt offer. Apple bees down the street had it though :) All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property, as we do value guest feedback. It is nice to hear that overall you had a good stay with us, and from your comments I will pass along to our staffmembers where we could improve. The channel selection in which you are speaking of would be CBS Sports, which broadcasted some of those hockey games, and we are looking into making a few channel selection changes of which that is one channel I would like to see in our rooms as well. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing, as we do our best to make each stay memorable and enjoyable, while giving excellent customer service.
Hermann, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Let me start by stating that I never book a hotel through a discount service such as hotels.com. Well, almost never. I did this time for reasons that are still not clear to me. Regardless, I will endeavor not to in the future. The hotel itself was an average experience. The pool was ok but they have the worlds smallest hot tub. The restaurant food was average as well.
Where this hotel excelled was in the staff. From the front desk to the restaurant to the head of housekeeping, these folks are exceptional. They were friendly and went out of their way to accommodate my families needs. We stayed in a suite which was adequate for nothing special. For my money, next time in Springfield we will be back at Drury Inn which is right across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Glad to hear that our staff was outstanding, as I am proud of all of our associates here at our property. Agree that our hot tub is not as big as it could be, but perfect size for a couple to relax and enjoy the evening. Hopefully in the future you will choose to stay with us again, as we strive on service and believe we have a good product here as well. Please reach out to us in the future if there is anything specific we can do to make your future stay more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience, as we always learn from guest feedback to make future stays more enjoyable.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Front desk personnel were fantastic. Bartenders were excellent as well as helpful. My only complaint is that you can't order food from the restaurant from inside the bar. You have to walk to the restaurant, order your food, and then go back and pick it up. Can't figure out the reasoning behind that.

• Stayed June 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and to get feedback from each individual's experience. Glad to hear that you had an excellent stay and the service you received from our staff was fantastic. The complaint on the food in the bar area is something that we are currently working on, as right now we only offer pizza by the slice at the bar. In the near future we are working on a bar menu that guests will be able to order direcly from the bar area without having to pick it up on your own. We want to make this a successful transition, so thank you for being patient while we are in the process of making this happen.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband employer has used this hotel for years. It is a major operation in that city. I have enjoyed my stay at this hotel over all. My last stay was not!!! Pleasant because the sheets were dirty upon check-in. I did not sleep on the sheets until my last night. My daughter and I begin to itch like crazy from all the trash, crumbs, and etc. on the sheets. I thought I was going to stratch my skin off. We had to shower, again. The rest room was not to very clean. Being that we travel frequently, I take my own sheets just incase. Again, I did not sleep on these sheets until the last night. We slept on a comfort that I brought because I did not want my 4 year old to get crayon on their bed cover. I am a reasonable person. Yeah, make sure the sheets are changed. Everything else was great...

• Stayed March 2013
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting us know about the issues with your room so we can address them immediately with our housekeeping staff. Glad to hear everything else was great and hope you will return on your next trip to Springfield as this circumstance is not the standard. Thank you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44? Share your experiences!