“Great hotel / caution!!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
“Great hotel / caution!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband employer has used this hotel for years. It is a major operation in that city. I have enjoyed my stay at this hotel over all. My last stay was not!!! Pleasant because the sheets were dirty upon check-in. I did not sleep on the sheets until my last night. My daughter and I begin to itch like crazy from all the trash, crumbs, and etc. on the sheets. I thought I was going to stratch my skin off. We had to shower, again. The rest room was not to very clean. Being that we travel frequently, I take my own sheets just incase. Again, I did not sleep on these sheets until the last night. We slept on a comfort that I brought because I did not want my 4 year old to get crayon on their bed cover. I am a reasonable person. Yeah, make sure the sheets are changed. Everything else was great...

• Stayed March 2013
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting us know about the issues with your room so we can address them immediately with our housekeeping staff. Glad to hear everything else was great and hope you will return on your next trip to Springfield as this circumstance is not the standard. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

the hotel was clean and comfortable, and very convenient location right off the interstate, The staff were great. Kelsey was the check in staff and was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a nice generous size. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store across the main road, everything you would need for an overnight stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about the hotel, as we are glad to hear when guests have such an enjoyable stay. Please make sure you stop back in on your next trip to Springfield. Thank you again!!
Wangen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel and the team is nearly perfect.Whenever you need some help so the team will help you. The manager and his team is like a family to me and I feel like at home. I have the feeling this hotel is my second home. The bar has a good selection of drinks and the room service is very good.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and quiet and safe. I feel like at home
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Bier,

It is always a pleasure to have you at the hotel, as you always feel like family when you are here. The staff enjoys your company, and we always look forward to your return. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments about our hotel.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Convenient to interstate access, with a variety of fast food and chain restaurants closeby. The hotel is a dated concept with all rooms situated around an open atrium with another wing towards the back. The hotel has been refurbished, and indeed the rooms are decorated very tastefully, rooms definitely a step above most Holiday Inns. Rooms were very spacious, with a small sitting area also available. Public facilities as well as rooms were very clean. It appeared there may be a cocktail area in the atrium but it looked to be closed, as well as the hotel restaurant—not sure if it was open or not! All staff I encountered were very friendly. Because of the layout of the hotel, be prepared for a rather long walk from the lobby up to your room. Overall, it was a short and pleasant stay, and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time in leaving your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know how we are doing, glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stay with us next time you are in town, possibly next trip you could stay a bit longer and enjoy some of our amenities in the hotel.
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I paid $53 plus tax. Upon arrival, I was able to request 2 doubles and non-smoking in a hallway. Breakfast was not included. It was a Monday night, so not much going on. The Atrium style does lend itself to noise. Even being off into a hallway, I could still here the doors slamming and people talking, but this is a hotel and that's usually just how it is. The room was remodeled and it looked fine to me. The hot water did take a long time to get to the sink, but I learned to work around that. The in-wall heater did not have a thermostat and it was kinda loud, but I didn't need it since the weather was decent. No microwave or fridge, but you can request if needed. Internet was free. I parked in the huge lot in the back (free parking) and was able to see my car from the window. The outside is well-maintained and it's located in an area of many hotels and restaurants but far enough from the highway that you don't get truck noise. Bed was fine, pillows fine. Checked out the pool area and it looked nice enough. Heat was on in the pool and if I had kids, they would have enjoyed it. There was a very small jacuzzi as well. I would stay hear again for the price.

Room Tip: ask for a hallway if possible in case there is an event in the Atrium and you have a low noise toler...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Glad to know you found a great deal on your hotel room from Priceline, as sometimes there are last minute deals out there! Happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review. We enjoy hearing about our guest experiences and how we can improve in certain areas and it's also nice to hear about the good things that we are doing for our guests as well. Thank you again for reviewing our property, and glad to hear that you will be back on your next visit to town.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a very nice, albeit older, property. I saw nothing that begged updating and appreciated the look and overall feel of this hotel. I had a lovely room that met my needs. The only oddity was that the bath light switches were not right inside the door but around the past the door and near the sink. Nothing too terrible since the switch was lighted. I appreciated the coffee available in the lobby as I was headed out early and didn’t have time for breakfast. The location is very close to and accessible to I-44. I would gladly return.

Room Tip: I was near the front of the hotel but didn't hear a bit of noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel from your most recent stay in Springfield, MO. It is always nice to hear good comments from satisfied guests. Thank you for staying with us, as we know there are many choices when making a decision of where to stay. Glad to know that you will return on your next visit in town. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again.
Greenwood, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our 2nd time to stay here. The first time our car was broken into windshield smashed but we decided to stay again because of the location hoping for a better experience. They have updated the interior which is pretty, but the atrium design means noise. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and spacious. Pool was closed and we should have been told that when we booked since we were meeting grandkids there who we had promised a pool. Don't think I would stay again just because of the noise level. Nothing really bad and nothing really good.. just average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for giving our hotel a second chance from your first experience, as you can see we are doing things around the hotel to make everyone's experience a better one which includes the complete renovation of our pool area and fitness facilities. Please contact me directly to make your next stay more memorable, as they say 3rd time is a charm! Communication is deifinitely something that is important, and I agree with you, you should have been notified of the renovation of our pool area. Hopefully we communicated to you upon check in, that we did indeed have an alternative option for a pool for all of our guests that we did shuttle to and from for those that wanted to swim.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44? Share your experiences!