“Sleepless in Springfield” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Sleepless in Springfield”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I checked in on Wednesday, May 24, 2012 for one night. The older lady at the front desk was luke warm, during the check in process. I was assigned room 202 right off the atrium near the elevator; which on any other night would have probably been just fine, but can you believe there was a wedding reception in the atrium on a Wednesday night? So, needless to say it is very difficult to sleep with the very loud music and people in the hallway, looking down at the wedding party. It seems to me that the guest of the wedding would be put in a room this close to the action and other guests a little further away. It also seems that the party should have been booked in ballroom to contain the music and the guest on a week night; most people are probably here on business, like me. It would be a bit more understandable to have a function in the atrium on the weekend, but I guess it's all about the money and not the guest.

The room is large with a pretty comfy and clean bed, and a sofa bed. The carpet has a few stains and bath tub did not appear to be clean, I went to Wal-Mart and bought shower shoes. The complimentary shuttle to airport was very convenient, and the drivers were friendly.

I hope I get a few hours of sleep tonight; I have an early flight in the morning. Because my company insists we stay here, I hope there is no party next time. They are playing the stupid Chicken song now, maybe the reception will be over soon.

Sleepless in Springfield

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atrium and the elevator, it should be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Dlclay1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review while staying with us. I am sorry your room was loud. If you experience this next time you stay. Please let us know so we can move you to another room. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We got a great deal from Hotwire.

Great location, just off of the highway and easy to find.
We arrived very late and were met with friendly staff. Our room was exactly what we had in mind for our family. Clean beds, clean bathroom and we felt safe.

The indoor pool was delightful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice response in reference to your stay in May. We do our best to make the accomodations as comforting as you described in your feedback. It is wonderful to hear such great comments from travelers like yourself, so next time you come to Springfield from Texas we look forward to your return visit.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The staff was great. Treated me like a celebrity. Room and property clean, quiet. Really awesome service! Would stay again and recommend in a second.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
It is always nice to feel welcome at a hotel, and sounds like you were treated like a celebrity! We do our best to make everyone feel welcome as this should always be your home away from home when staying with us. Thank you so much for the nice comments, it is our pleasure to make your stay very enjoyable. Please see us again next time you are in town.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The TV is not HD, my carpet was filled w/ more stains than clean spots. The first thing I saw by the TV was a large red stain, no idea what that's from. Everything inside including the furniture seems very old. My room is non smoking, but it smells like it used to be smoking. Even the pillows smell like smoke. My next three trips I'm booked in Holiday Inns. I really hope they are not like this. :(

The front desk was very polite, and helpful though.

Room Tip: Skip this one until they update it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear RyanTT M,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We are pleased you mentioned our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We got a last-minute deal at this hotel, and stayed here as we passed through Springfield, MO. Conveniently located just off the I-44 (alongside every other chain hotel you can think of!), the hotel has recently been renovated. Our room was bright and airy, with a fridge and tv and a real hairdryer (not the terrible ones that are attached to the bathroom wall). There's a small indoor pool, and a nice gym with a selection of free weights. We ate at the Peppertree restaurant on-site - it was fine, nothing notable about the food. Breakfast is not included in the price, which is surprising as every other hotel around seemed to advertise free breakfast! Overall a good option in Springfield if you get a good deal - shame about the lack of breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the central atrium for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear SeneIra
We all love those last minute deals and more importantly we appreciate your compliments. Our staff takes pride in the hotel and is dedicated to keeping the renovation looking great. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our selection of free weights, we know that is important to most people who utilize the gym along with the treadmills, olipticals and recumbent bike. I hope when choosing your next hotel stay wherever it may be, you choose Holiday Inn.

Wilmington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here because the Hampton Inn right next to it was filled for the night and they referred us to them. Since I'd stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels before and am a priority club member, I figured it would be like all the others. It was a nice hotel, that looked upgraded from an old Radisson or Doubletree the way the rooms all faced this nice atrium in the center.

The rooms were nice, but somewhat small. They were clean, and everything worked well. The front desk was extremely courteous and friendly, but I guess because I was used to HIE where breakfast is free for everyone, I was not expecting to have to pay. So we went to the Cracker Barrel around the corner.

I also thought this hotel was overpriced to not include free breakfast. The place was ok, but I prefer the breakfast amenity for that kind of price. I would not stay here again because of that. It is very convenient to I-44, and there are other places around that are probably less expensive, newer, and serve breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
I want to tank for your review and am happy to hear all thie kind words about the hotel and staff. I will be sure to share this with them as they are a great team and are there to ensure everyone including yourself feels like they are at home while staying with us. Our restaurant would have loved to accomidate you however I am glad to hear you supported one of the local restaurants. Hopefully you will reconsider returning just for the location, the cleanliness of the room and our wonderful staff.

Wahpeton, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We came in a little late into springfield so we saw the sign for Holiday Inn. Usually satisfied or better when staying at a Holiday Inn. This one seems to be outdated. TV's were the tube style. Not much selection. Rooms and beds ok. Little pricey even with my rewards card. Since there's no free breakfast we went down to the restaurant. The morning staff was very nice. The gentleman that cooked the waffles was extremely nice. I would rate the breakfast experience as the best part of our stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if there's sports teams staying there. We saw the bus so we asked to be sepera...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
I want to first thank you for your review and also note that we do indeed try to better than average. Yes, we currently do have tube televisions, however flat panel televisions are in the works. I will share your kind words with the morning restaurant staff, they will appreciate hearing the great compliment. I hope that when you return to Springfield you will again choose our hotel.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44? Share your experiences!