“Best Employees EVER == facility needs HELP!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge I-44

You added Econo Lodge I-44 to your Saves list
Econo Lodge I-44
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2611 North Glenstone Avenue, Springfield, MO 65803 (Formerly Eagle's Lodge Springfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
plain dealing
“Best Employees EVER == facility needs HELP!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

arrived with request of handicap room... rapid check in & on to room == desk clerk even came with me to UNLOAD!! WOW! YES! GREAT STAFF!!! once in the room... immediately i noticed there was NO fridge or microwave as advertised??? clerk stated she could move me or i could wait until morning & maintenance would bring it.... decided to wait until morning. unpacked... got undressed... ready to relax & go to bed. COULDNT FIND REMOTE TO TV??? called desk & asked if it maybe was kept where i couldnt seem to find it? she stated NO! should be right there??? next thing a knock on the door.... the other desk clerk comes in & announces YOU ARE MOVING! i will move EVERYTHING for you.... i have already been to the room & turned up the heat and checked to make sure EVERYTHING is there! so TWO DOORS down we go!! exactly as she said... she moved EVERY SINGLE ITEM, except me & my purse!
third day in that 2nd room....(you guessed it... just as my ONLY FAVORITE show was coming on!) the TV went out!!! UGH! UGH! UGH! the clerk called maintenance even tho it was 8pm on a sunday night.... she then told me he would be right up from home... again: GREAT STAFF! he worked & worked... changed the cable box... then changed out the TV... then called cable company... they said they wouldnt come out and change their part until morning! by this time my show was of course OVER! he then came back & said they were moving me to the next room as the TV was fine there! i just broke down crying! i had NO DESIRE to be moved AGAIN!!! so i opted to stay there with NO TV... i didnt care to see anything else anyway... the next morning Cable was there by 9am & had it up and working within 30min. so, as the facility goes... it really has problems!! but, you will just NEVER find nicer more helpful willing to please staff anywhere!!! 2 staff even suggested i should have been given a night free possibly for the inconvenience we suffered! but, the manager nor owner were upfront about that!! IMAGINE THAT?? and since we will never need a room in Springfield, Mo, to comp us a night in the future would have been futile! the noise level at this facility is HIGH! anyone above you... can be heard EVERY STEP and some things can even be heard from the rooms next door.... we unfortunately had a child above us that jumped & ran & squealed much more than an average normal child!!! but, she was in bed at night before we were... so it never disturbed our sleep! in fact none of the noises disturbed sleep... they were all during AWAKE hours!

Room Tip: if you can climb stairs = GO UPSTAIRS
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Homestayinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Mamagirl3
Thank you for staying with us at The Homestay Inn. I am so sorry to hear about the issues you had when you were here. Thank you for bringing to our attention the cable issues. It is very uncommon and we did look into that problem and the cable company has assured us that everthing has been taken care of.
We would also like to thank you for bringing to our attention about the refrigerator issue in our handicap room. It was orignally thought that space was an issue with that room. We understand how important it is to have a refrigerator and after reading your comments, we have done further investigation and have plans for one to be placed in the room.
We have a great staff here at The Homestay Inn and everyone here takes pride in making sure that the needs and comfort of the guest come first. I am very sorry that you were moved so many times and I would love to speak to you concerrning your visit, i am sure that there is something that we can do to make you happy.
We love to get return guests and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our first stop on the drive from Michigan to Arizona. It was exactly what we were looking for.
The location was perfect. It is right in town with alot of stores and restaurants next door. The room was clean and spacious (with a micro and ref), the cost was low, and it included a hot breakfast with bisquits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, bagels, danishs and more!
On our next trip out, we will definitely stop here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Homestayinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
SpartyK
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We love to get feedback from our guests and look forward to having you stay with us again.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and i decided to stay here after reading the reviews online. Not only was the room clean but it had a microwave,coffeemaker,fridge, and a decent free breakfast. We were very happy with our visit and had no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Homestayinn, Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Katykat33
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel, we are pleased that you decided to stay with us and you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to seeing you again.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was tired from driving and decided the best chance for a bargain, was at this exit, since there's more hotels than red lights! I started at exit and slowly progressed towards south. I was getting annoyed, since the parking lots of the hotels were empty and the average price was $79.95, plus for a room. The representatives of these establishments, put out no effort, basically saying, It is what it is. Now I came to the Homestay Hotel, it used to be a Red Roof, but looked presentable. The only young lady, that actually had a personality, when I walked into the lobby. I told her to give me a reason to stay here and Wham, How about $54.95 for a suite? Nice place, big room and comfy bed, at my price for business travel. Give them a try, the others are duds!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Homestayinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Road Dog Cincinnati
Thank you for the great review for our property. We take pride in our rooms, prices and the customer service we provide to our guests. You could have chosen any number of hotels but are glad that you chose to stay with us. We do appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again when you are traveling to our area.
Thayer, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Booked online at Expedia. 55.00 total for overnight so we could complete a test at AG's School of Ministry.
When I arrived the building looked a little dated, but hey 55.00 and 1 night. I could tolerate!
YAYYYY, we stayed in room 126 and it was a WONDERFUL surprise. Room was very nicely renovated, immaculately clean and included a king size comfortable bed. Another surprise I LOVED was the very comfortable futon couch...
We had breakfast the next morning before class that included: cereal, mini cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, bagels, pastries, yogurt and fresh fruits and drinks....
Enjoyed our stay very much and will return again..The accessibility to local eateries was an added plus and freeway on ramp within 1 block.....GREAT VALUE, GREAT STAY AND GREATLY APPRECIATED!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Homestayinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Beverly R
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our hot breakfast.. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Springfield.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We checked about 6 hotels before we stopped at the Homestay Inn in Springfield, MO... And it was a waste of our time! The Homestay Inn staff was very friendly from the moment we got there. And the hotel rooms were very clean and very pretty. We only paid $49 for our room and it was by far the nicest one we stayed in our whole vacation!

• Stayed August 2012
LawandaKress
Thank you for sharing your experience while you were a guest at The Homerstay Inn. We love to hear from the wonderful people that stay with us. We are very happy that everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you in the future when you vist Springfield.
Selden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We discovered this motel last year on our way home and were very pleased. That is why we stopped again. We were greeted at the front desk and were given our room They have clean spacious rooms. The property is clean and well maintained. It is right off of I-44 and close to shopping and sightseeing in Springfield. It is also close to Andy's Frozen Custard. This is a particular favorite of mine. To bad they don't have any in N.Y. The Continental Breakfast is great and has a good variety of food. I rate this 15 on a scale of 1 to 10.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Homestayinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Bill
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. We were so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we see you again very soon.

Been to Econo Lodge I-44? Share your experiences!