“Great place to stop” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, TX
“Great place to stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Reached Springfield at the end of a long day and was glad to see a sign for Best Western just off the highway. Although construction blocked the covered entrance, the rest of the grounds were clean and well-kept, with lots of trees and a "country" feeling. The front desk staff were very friendly and check-in was fast. I was upgraded to a "king suite" and found the room large, clean and quiet, facing away from the street. The bed was very comfortable and the room had all the "extras", including a DVD player! All the rooms are on ground level, with parking next to the door. The staff recommended Buckinghams BBQ down the street and it also was great. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

When we arrived the place was crowded with a large group of contractors. Were put initially in a room right in the middle of a large group of boisterous men. Opened the room and there was already a guest occupying it. Had to return to office and get a room and begged for one away from the crowd. Told we would just have to be happy with what they had as they were filled to capacity. We had made this reservation months ago through Expedia. Once we got the room it was pretty nice but still surrounded by noisy men. It got chilly through the night so they must have retired early as it wasn't too bad after 11 PM. We're also told to come to breakfast early as they might run out because of the crowd. Seems they should stock up for the crowd rather than intimate that you might not get food if you come late. So got up earlier than wanted to and there were few people in the breakfast area and there was plenty to eat. Would like to have slept later. When returned from the days activities the key card wouldn't work. Had to walk to the office produce my id and get new keys. Asked why this happened and they blamed it on us for keeping the cards near a magnetic device like a cell phone or took it through a detector at a Walmart, etc. The keys were kept in our car's dash storage place so they were never near any such things. They wouldn't not admit that they didn't set the card correctly for multiple night stay. I will not stay here ever again. I would advise other to not stay here either. They are rude in nice way but still rude. Also there is renovation going on with the accompanied inconveniences.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Selected this Best Western for convenience of ground floor room and parking right in front of room. Staff could not have been more friendly and accomodating. Rooms very clean, very comfortable bed and new linens. Breakfast buffet just fine, will stop again.

• Stayed April 2010
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
Dear RestStop10,

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Good luck in all your travels.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

After traveling from PA to MO with my mother, and 5 kids ranging in age from 20yrs to 12 mos, this was a much needed oasis. We were scrambling to find rooms and were lucky enough to have the Best Western up the street who was booked up, call the Coach House Inn for us. We got a fantastic rate on two rooms. These rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room that the bathroom was so clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent. The only thing I can suggest is getting a high chair or two for your breakfast area. My 12 month old enjoyed her breakfast greatly, but would have been easier not to have her sitting in my lap. During our trip we stayed in a number of hotels and this was the best by far and the best rate as well. Overall, 10 stars!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, responded to this review, March 27, 2010
Dear WearyTravelerMom,
Thank you from all of us here at the Coach House. That was certainly a busy week during your stay and we are glad our sister property took the time to direct you to our property. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thanks again for the great review.

P.S. High Chairs on order!
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Arriving late, I took some wrong turns and nearly stayed elsewhere, but I was glad I did not. Even as a walk-in, I got a decent rate and was very surprised at the quality of bed and furnishings in the comfortable room. Night clerk noted that I hoped for "quiet" and took care to place me back from street noise. My only complaint, not the fault of the staff, was that other guests near me went out and then returned at very late odd hours. One neighbor started up his truck's loud engine and left it running outside my door (doors open to parking), then shouted to others as he went out at 1 am. Otherwise, very comfortable, handy, and we will return on our next cross country trip. We have added this to our list of "regular stops" and recommendations for road trips. The staff is very courteous, and very accomodating.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Staff and I, we here at the Coach House would like to thank your for your critique. I am also glad that our staff was willing and able to assist in all your requests. We look forward to seeing you on your next cross country trip.
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

This was my second stay and I will be going back. Convenient location off major routes on north side of Springfield not far from airport. Excellent price and value, and since the costs are paid directly from my revenue, that means a lot. I usually travel alone, and was very comfortable here as a single woman. Clean, attractive, spacious room, similar to Marriotts I most often stay in. Included a loveseat, desk and chair, refrigerator and microwave. Very comfortable bed, real wood furnishings.

Exercise room with treadmill equipment accessible 24 hours / day off the lobby. Also washer, dryer available for guest use. Continental type breakfast, and nicely done lobby reception room with dining tables and conversation area grouped around the fireplace. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Wireless wifi good, but slower than it should be. I was told it was being worked on. The lobby has a guest-use computer and printer set up so you can print itineraries, boarding passes or reservations.

The Best Western web site is not entirely correct; the lowest cost room does not include a refrigerator, but when I asked, I was immediately given a room with this amenity.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Dear Appreciated Business Traveler,

On behalf of my Staff and I, let me thank you for taking your personal time to extend such a wonderful review of our property. We do try to provide all the amenities that todays business travelers require. Whether it is just a one night stay, a four day business trip or just a weekend getaway, the Best Western Coach House strives to make each guests stay an enjoyable one.
on th road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Very nice, spacious room, ceiling fan!, fridge & microwave and hair dryer. It was clean and quiet with a good internet connection. I was able to get a smoke-free, pet free room (since I have allergies). The bed and pillows were comfortable and there was adequate lighting in the room. Everything functioned properly (oh, except that wobbly commode).

The hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks from I44, with nearby gas and grocery stores for those necessary errands before hitting the road again.
The staff was helpful and friendly with the front desk staffed 24/7.
Fruit cups, fresh fruit, yogurt and sausage egg biscuits in addition to the standard waffle & pastry breakfast items. There is also instant oatmeal, juices, coffee.
Overall a very pleasant 2 night stay. Definitely will stay there again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
To another of our prized travelers,

Thank you so much for the wonderful Tripadvisor update. We value our guest comments and feel that they do a much better job of letting others know about us than some other outlets. We appreciate you taking the time to help us spread the word about Best Western Coach House Inn and we hope to see you soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House? Share your experiences!