“Good value for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Louis
“Good value for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

This hotel is a cozy, comfortable establishment. You park right outside your door which is handy for loading and unloading. Our room was very comfortable, nice comfortably firm mattresses. It's not opulent but for a night or two, perfect! I suggest you contact the hotel directly as they gave us a better rate than I found anywhere on the web. The "free" continental has a good variety: biscuits and gravy (which I didn't try), make your own waffles, assorted danish, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, oatmeal, coffe, oj, yogurt, etc. The location is great if you're coming and going on I-44, just 1/4 mile off the interstate on Glenstone.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Stoke on Trent England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

stayed here for one night whilst travelling along route 66, fairly clean room little dated but okay for one night stop over

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — rooms a little dated
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

This was a very nice little motel. The rooms were very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. You absolutely can't beat the price for the value. We will definately stay here when we come through springfield again!

• Stayed July 2005
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

This motel was so cute and homey. It reminded me of when I was a kid and we would road trip from Virginia to Chicago. The motel design makes you feel like you've got your own front porch and the rooms are very clean and I believe this place is pretty new. It seems new. The staff was great and it definitely has that I'm on vacation feel. Since I'm a business traveler, it is nice to have a place like this to snap you out of business mode. The pool was very clean, the other guests were very friendly and the interaction between guests was more so than I've ever seen at other hotels/motels. I loved it and will stay there again when I am in Springfield.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

My family has stayed at the Best Western Coach House Inn for many years when visiting Springfield. The past two stays have been unacceptable when it comes to cleanliness. Both times we had bugs in our rooms and much mildew/musty smell in our room.

dan-elliottlodging, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, responded to this review, February 7, 2008
As the new General Manager of the Best Western Coach House Inn, I would like to take the opportunity to respond to the above review. First, I would like to offer my apology for the conditions that you found during your last two stays at the hotel. Conditions as you described are unacceptable at any hotel at any price. And the fact that it happened two time in a row is unacceptable to me as the current manager. There is no excuse for one bad stay, let alone a second one.

While I cannot speak for the conditions of the property in April of 2004 and before, if you were to stop by and take a look at the recent upgrades that have been going on in the past several years, I believe that you would find that this hotel is in much better condition than the last time that you stayed with us. We are currently finishing the updating of our bedding packages, as well as new paint and carpets in several sections of the hotel. We are continuing with this program through 2008 along with other minor updates to the rooms to numerous to mention.

I would like to offer to you and anyone reading this review to stop by and take a tour of this property and see that we are improving things to help our guests enjoy their stay. I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised at what you find.

Daniel E. Lynch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2003

We, my husband and I, stayed at the Best Western Coach House Inn in Springfield MO the week of 20 October, 2003. There were so many well thought-out details that made me feel very welcome. I am diabetic and found many items provided in their Contenental breakfast that fit right into my diet. Most motels just offer donuts covered with sugar. Also, I am a smoker but my husband is not, so we always get a non-smoking room.
I step outside to smoke and was delighted to find lawn chairs outside the door and the lighting was plenty good enough to read by. I found myself just sitting out on the "porch", enjoying the cool night air, watching the traffic go by or reading my book. We so enjoyed our stay with these very thoughtful and friendly folks.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House? Share your experiences!