“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deerfield Inn

You added Deerfield Inn to your Saves list
Deerfield Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3343 East Battlefield, Springfield, MO 65804 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here while away on business. After a long day of meetings I was looking forward to getting some R&R. The rooms were clean and comfortable and I got a great nights sleep without any disturbances. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Taylorville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had a high school band come in at 1:30a.m. in the morning they were loud and running up and down the hallway, slamming doors, wrestling in their room, yelling and screaming, the chaperones were not doing their job and neither did the staff. We find out they had rented out 54 rooms so since we had just rented 1 we didn't count. It was Enid High School from Oklahoma. Calls to the front desk was aggravating and a waste of time they were unaccommodating. Calls to talk with the manager was a waste of time because he was not there. The next morning when we left he still was not there so we returned about noon after doing some shopping and he was not there the clerk said he had just left but he would return in about 20 minutes so we sat in our car and waited until his return. We caught him when he was getting out of his car. He did give us half of our money back. We did thank him for that. And, we did feel some better but the hotel staff doesn't know how to handle anything and did nothing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here recently for a sports tournament. Let me start out by saying that we usually choose hotels one star level above the "Best Western" chain so maybe I'm biased. First off, when we called to book a room, the clerk we spoke to tried to charge us more than their rack rate. When we called back to explain that their rate online was much cheaper, the clerk was rude and refused to help us. We promptly cancelled the phone reservation and made a new one online (saving us $30/night).

Everything about this hotel is BASIC. It's level of cleanliness is basic. It has a bathroom with a tub and shower and sink but it's basic: as small as a hotel bathroom can possibly be. The room is basic with dated ammenities (cathrode ray tv and punch button phone?).I have stayed at a lot of "moderate hotels" that offer breakfast (feel free to consult my other reviews). Let me say, this was the worst one yet. The only "healthy" items were hard boiled eggs and some green oranges. The breakfast room was also not very appealing or clean-looking. Thankfully, there was a grocery store accross the street with ripe fruit (and a Starbucks!).

The hotel were well-aware that we were there as a group but their customer service made it clear that they weren't happy about it. I had read an online review elsewhere about them harassing groups. I'd say that review was spot-on. This hotel has a teeny tiny lobby with no place for a group to gather and, if you're staying as a group, you're going to meet up before you head out somewhere or maybe just want to sit and socialize a litte (the rooms certainly were not big enough for socializing). I don't mind being asked nicely not to gather in the lobby or being suggested to, in a "customer service friendly" way, a better locale to gather but I'm a 40-year-old Master's graduate and I don't appreciate being rudely condescended to by a Best Western night clerk. To boot, our (teenaged) athletes came forward to say that they had been harassed; this same clerk yelled at them that they were hassling the other guests. These kids are almost all honors students and great kids; I believe them when they say they didn't speak to any other guests in the hotel except some boys who were kicking a soccer ball at them down the hallway.

All in all, it was a terrible stay from start to finish and confirmed what I already believed about that hotel chain. I will never again stay at a regular Best Western. Their "Premier" brand hotels are very nice but as for the others, it's back to the higher star chains for me.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one nights whilst travelling route 66. Hotel is clean and comfortable and can be described as a pretty average hotel.. This hotel, along with 8 others, was chosen for us by our Travel Agents as part of a package.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Starkville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had planned to stay at the Motel 6, but this hotel looked like it was kept up much better, and it had a low room rate. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful (and was quietly listening to christian metal music at 3 am!). The room and bathroom were clean but had a strong mildew odor. I did not complain because it was so late and I was exhausted. Check-out was friendly and quick.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Deerfield Inn? Share your experiences!