“A nice place to eat for a special evening” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Springfield, Missouri
“A nice place to eat for a special evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Too pricey for us, except for a special celebration type of meal. Definitely a great place to impress a date. My steak had to be sent back to be cooked as I ordered it, which left my date awkwardly waiting for me to get my food before he felt good about enjoying his. This was disappointing for the price, but I was offered a soup in the meantime; which I opted not to take, because I didn't like the type offered. The steak literally melted in my mouth, once I did finally get it. Delicious but expensive. Nice ambiance. Romantic. Contemporary decor.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Branson, Missouri
“Sometimes you have to treat yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Let me just start by saying my wife and I avoid fancy, over the top, stuffed-shirt kinds of places. Generally I don't like to spend more than $18 a plate, and typically I would rather stay home and cook. If a restaurants can match or exceed my ability in cooking then I will usually return.

The ambiance is dark which is fine if you are into that sort of mood. Those who are visually impaired may need some extra lighting assistance from a flashlight or phone to see the menu. Because of the table proximity, it can get pretty loud but just expect it going in. It can even be fun engaging with the other guests. The majority of the waiters looked as though they could dunk a basketball with out much effort, which adds to the visual aesthetics.

The food is on the high side, but typical for what I would classify as a "fine-dining" experience. I ordered the mid-rare ribeye and my wife got the small mid-well filet mignon. Our waiter was not very attentive, and I have had far better service as casual restaurants than here (it wasn't a busy night for them). Overall the steaks had great flavor and the sides were amazing. The temperature on each steak was a bit under what we were each expecting, so you might ask it a half step up from what you normally order i.e. mid-rare should ask for medium. We each got a few mixed adult beverages which had great presentation and really dynamic flavors.

Overall the food was good and the experience was alright, but we had fun and enjoyed our time. It was worth the large bill we paid in the end, and suitable for a once a year treat.

-SoCal Skater

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, MO
“Pricey But Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went to Flame to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere was very pleasant, the waitress very nice and efficient. The food was pricey by fabulous. We had the most tender salmon we've ever tasted! The baked potato bar (cart) had many topping options. Because it was our anniversary we were given a luscious deep chocolate/strawberry dessert (on the house). We probably won't make this a routine stop, but it was excellent for a special occasion!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Missouri
“Favorite place to eat in Springfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is probably my favorite place to eat in Springfield- besides Touch (their sister restaurant on south side). Amazing filet mignon, and the best service in town. Great wine and beautiful atmosphere- perfect for a nice date night. This is high quality stuff for Springfield!

Also love the red room lounge- great happy hour specials. The flirtini is my fav. Love that I can get a still get a decent drink at a reasonable cost in a classy environment.

Also- they do amazing catering!!

Springfield, Missouri
“GREAT Happy Hour in The Red Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The dark, dungeon-like atmosphere in Flame's basement is brightened by one of Springfield's best happy hours! The Red Room has hands down the best hamburgers in town, and so much more. The atmosphere is retro funky - VERY dimly lit red and black decor, with seating on sofas, lounge chairs, high tops, or the bar. The service is always very good, even when the bar is crowded.

• Visited April 2014