“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have been to by far. The staff was friendly and the stay was perfect. Clean, nice rooms and even a sundries shop in the lobby. My friend and I were moving cross country in a large truck so we were not very mobile once parked. Little details like having laundry, wifi, a shop in the lobby, breakfast, and a restaurant within walking distance make a big difference. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We are so very happy that you selected our hotel for your stay while traveling across country! That can be very tiring and trying - but I am happy to hear that we had the things you needed to be able to rest and not venture out when you didn't want to. I hope you are all settled and unpacked and doing well! Please come again when you are in Springfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
beavercreek, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ended a three week family vacation at your establishment. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The guest laundry was a God send as I had a leak in my travel bag that soiled the clothes I was supposed to wear home. Shelia at the front desk, checked us in quickly, pointed me to the laundry and even suggested a pizza place that would deliver to the room, as we had driven 600 miles that day with another 600 to go before we got home and just didn't want to drive anymore. The beds were SO comfortable-It made getting up and on the road difficult the next morning. The breakfast had a nice variety and was fresh. I was extremely satisfied with my stay and please extend my sincerest thanks to Shelia for all of her help on the night we arrived.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
All of our guest service representatives are awesome, but Sheila is phenomenal for sure! Thank you for letting us know she did a great job in taking care of your needs. I will personally let her know about your review mentioning her by name! I hope you can come back this way some day and spend more time in our beautiful city and maybe even Branson. We love our guests!!
MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this fabulous hotel. The staff were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was always hot and the lady even made me a special omelet one morning. The hotel is on the smaller side, but it was quiet. The room was very clean, and I am picky!!! It is located on the southern end of Springfield so if you are heading to Branson but don't want to stay in Branson with all the traffic, this hotel would be perfect, it is about 25 miles from Branson - you could come back to the hotel after spending your day in traffic and have a great relaxing evening in the hot tub! Free WiFi, was not slow like most hotels.

It is easy to find, off Campbell avenue and Hwy 60, just a few miles away there are many restaurants, we highly recommend Cheddars!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the building as the hotel fronts Hwy 60.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your wonderful remarks! We are so happy when our guests leave our hotel happy and spread the word!! Please come back and see us soon!
Suwanee, GA 30024
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It is in a convenient location and there's a Texas Roadhouse right next door. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. I extended my original two night stay to four nights as I was working in the area.

Room Tip: My standard is to ask for a high floor away from the ice machine and elevator. That usually cuts dow...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your kind comments as we strive in every way to make sure our guests leave happy. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013. Very friendly, helpful staff - big plus! Couple of restaurants a little bit down the road (too hot to walk, but you could). The famous Andy's Custard of MO, there too, YUM! Hotel seemed fairly new. WiFi rocked, water pressure OK, didn't try the breakfast. Stayed one night, on the first floor, it was quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to serving you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way up to Illinois for one night. We arrived very late and the front desk staff was very kind and helpful.

The room was very clean and very big. We had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper and there was so much room. The bathroom was very modern with granite counter tops. I was impressed with the shampoo, conditioner and lotion in the room as it was from Bath and Bodyworks. I normally just use my own.

The swim pool is indoor and there were people using it e en when we arrive about 12:30 am which is nice that its open at those hours. Plus they have a little store downstairs for snacks which my children liked.

The breakfast was fantastic, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, omlets, sausage, cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, toast and donuts. Something for everyone.

We would definitely stay here again. It was lovely.

• Stayed July 2013
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
So great to hear such glowing remarks about our hotel and staff! Thank you for taking the time to let us and everyone else know how good your stay was with us. We depend and rely on guests feedback to continually grow and improve our hotel, services and staff. We hope you and your family come again soon to stay with us!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I frequent the Holiday Inn Express chain while traveling and picked this location for two nights based on the reviews given here. They did not disappoint! Beautiful decor and very well maintained property. Newly renovated. Friendly staff, and extremely clean rooms! We stayed in a suite with a sleeper sofa and it comfortably accommodated our family of 5. Microwave & fridge is a great in room convenience as well as laundry services on our floor. (2nd) If I were to nit pick I would state that the pool is severely under sized compared to other locations but my kids were able to use it during off hours of the day. Also, as a sufferer with Celiac disease other fruit and/or healthy options for breakfast would serve many patrons of this growing population better. I am used to bringing my own food at this time though so it wasn't a big deal. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We hope we stay at the top of your charts! Thank you so very much for your great remarks but mostly for your suggestions! We are always looking for ways to improve and be better than all the rest! I am currently checking out other fruit items that would be available and work for our breakfast line. Please come again soon to see us! We love our great guests too!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District? Share your experiences!