“BEAUTIFUL PROPERTY...BUT” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Missouri
“BEAUTIFUL PROPERTY...BUT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This facility is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The two issues that we had were one, that there was NO parking due to a Cardinal ballgame going on in close proximity and they allowed the game goers to use said parking lot. The game was in 16 innings at midnight when we returned to Motel, and finally one or two spaces available. Second, the breakfast was not good at all. The biscuits and gravy were not even warm and the wasn't any fruit at all. The person maintaining the breakfast was nice and friendly but swept something off the floor with her hands and they went about cleaning up around the food area. So, that being said. I love the fact that this hotel is downtown and there's lots to do, however, these two things could put a damper if you cannot park when arriving and you are counting on eating the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Kelly1639:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! We have since solved the parking problem and we do apologize for that incovenience. We know that was frustrating to our guests..

We are sorry our breakfast wasn't up to our standards. We have spoken with our breakfast attendant regarding these issues.

We hope you do come back and see us! Thank you again! We do take the feedback we get seriously and appreciate it very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here on the first weekend in May when I brought my son from Texas to attend a prom at MSU. The lobby area of the hotel is nice. Our room was as specified; however, there was a towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door that appeared to have been left behind by housekeeping from a previous guest. Hotel is walking distance to a couple of fast food restaurants and a Walgreens. The complimentary breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express and included cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, breads, and juice. I try to eat healthy and I had a boiled egg with a piece of toast

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear CindyP:

Glad to hear you had a good stay with us! We apologize for the towel hanging on the door and I did address that with housekeeping.

We hope you come back and see us soon! Thank you for your feedback!
Vincennes, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn had wonderful decor. The room was clean, and quiet. No refrigerator. The first night we did not have any airconditioning. The maintence man fixed it the next morning, then it was just perfect. The breakfast was ok. Would like to have had fresh fruit and more choices, but at least it was free. The location was perfect for the weekend we had planned. I am glad we still had a room when we arrived because the woman before me did not get her suite and had to settle on 2 rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Sisters2012-12:

Thank you for staying with us on Memorial Weekend. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us soon!
Joplin, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nites on business. The location was perfect and the room looked really good. However, during that time my bed was made one time because I REQUESTED IT. I did get fresh towels every day but only one day did they take out my trash. Never did they clean floor, replace "paper" cups, the pool and spa were closed, the one and only luggage cart had a flat tire (however a very nice young lady helped my in with my stuff) The topper was on my last day, as I was packing I picked up a pillow and there was a roach in my bed!!!!! Did anyone really act like they cared??? Did they try to make amends??? Yes I did mention some of these things during the stay but didn't seem to matter. There are other nice hotels in Springfield. Try one of them.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear SusanT:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so sorry you experienced issues while you were here. I have spoken to my General Manager and Head of Housekeeping regarding this.

I am glad you got assistance with your bags. We do want to talk with you regarding these issues. If you could contact the hotel, that would be wonderful. I would love to resolve this with you.

Thank you again! Hope to talk to you soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in for a four day conference we found out the pool and hot tub were out of service. It ended up being that way our entire stay even though several maintenance people led us to believe it was fixed on the second day. Pretty bad if you bring your family. Ordinary maintenance was being done inside and out over the weekend so it was very noisy. My guess is the reason the pool was closed is because they were changing out the plant beds. One room had no maid service the entire stay. Another one had a clogged toilet. When we called for maintenance. (The first time) they brought up a plunger 20 minutes later and handed it to my husband. He plunged the toilet and had to return it to the front desk. It stopped again and I found out several on our floor had the same problem. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and it was a clean room.

• Stayed June 2013
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear 1020reb:

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your recent stay. I sincerely apologize about our pool and I understand your disappoinment.

I do hope you give us another try in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here one night and had a fast easy check in. Rooms were very nice and clean. Nice size bathroom and comfy king beds. Breakfast was great... Cereal, big warm cinnamon rolls, sausage patties, eggs and cheese, biscuits and gravy, and pastry times. The pool and outdoor area looked great but doesn't open until June 3rd! Check out was so fast and easy as well! Overall great trip to Springfield and stay at this hotel, located near the big city and main road!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 200 and it was lovely. On the corner with a great view of the po...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear KareyC:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon!
Bethalto, Illinois Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a very nice time - front desk staff was very nice - welcomed us with a smile - lobby was very clean, breakfast was hot & the lady working the food bar was very friendly, and kept all the food areas tidy and full even with the large group of people that was staying there - beds were very comfortable and room was nice and large

Room Tip: There was nothing about this hotel that I didn't like - very clean - very quiet - very nice area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear BeckyB:

I am so glad to hear that you had such a great time at our hotel! We hope on your next visit to Springfield that you come back and see us!

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!