“July 2014” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Cincinnati, Ohio
“July 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was my first time at the hotel. I have family in the area and we required a home base for a funeral. The staff was kind and accommodating. It is clean, well run, and even has a small bar in the evening. We also used the conference room for a get together, again, clean, professional, well managed.

Green Features: Standard for the industry, put up your towels and you may reuse them. They do not use hath chemicals for cleaning - and the rooms were super clean and well proportioned.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I am sorry for the loss in your family. I am very happy that my team was kind and accommodating.

Sincerely
Greg E. Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Topeka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have stayed at this La Quinta for the past 10 years traveling for business and this hotel has been great. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the hotel is always clean. The amenities are constantly being improved upon. If you stay in Springfield anywhere other than this hotel, you are making a mistake.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Steve, has it been that long?

Thanks so much for your continued business. You are a great guest of ours and we thank you for bringing in others from your company.

Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stay at La Quinta hotels more than others because they are pet friendly hotels. The only negative in this case was a carpet that had more than a few stains on it and was well past needing to be replaced or at least steam cleaned. The staff were awesome and the location in the center of town is great, especially if Bass Pro Shops is on the list for your visit. The price is a little high for the cost of a La Quinta, normally they are under a hundred, and this one was 124.

Room Tip: I recommend and upstairs room (3rd floor). The stomping around from the room above us made it hard t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thanks for your comments and kind words about our hotel and especially my team members. We are centrally located and very close to Bass Pro Shops.

Sorry about the condition of the carpeting. I will make sure that maintenance and housekeeping communicate better in the future to ensure that this does not happen.

Your tip is spot on if you want the quietest room. When I travel, I ask for the top floor also.

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Black Jack, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel is well located, clean, and remarkably quiet! The staff are very efficient and friendly. The amenities are more than adequate for a business or family trip. The wi-fi service was miserably slow and unreliable and the restroom layout is antiquated with the sinks across the entrance from the shower and toilet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
James F
Thank you for staying with us and letting others know about your personal experience. Our team continues to offer clean rooms with a friendly smile.

I understand that you did not like having the sink outside of the bathroom. Many of our guest like the sink outside so that one person can be getting ready while the other in the shower. From firsthand experience I traveled to Kansas City this past weekend and they had the sink in the shower area, my nephew had went in the bathroom and locked the door and took a shower. This stopped the rest of us from brushing our teeth or my wife drying her hair. We can’t be perfect in every way.

So sorry about the slow internet. I will look in to this. Mediacom provides our hotel with 100mbs which is typically very fast. I hope it was just an isolated incident.

Thanks again,
Winterville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We picked this hotel because it had good reviews and is in a good location. Eating places and a Starbucks not too far. We should have kept going when the front desk clerk told us the elevator was out of order and all first floor rooms were taken. After we hauled our bags up two flights we were ready for a good night's sleep. Did not happen. The room was adequate and had a working microwave and mini fridge. There was also plenty of hotwater. But these are basic expectations. I awoke in the middle of the night feeling like something was biting me but could not see anything. When I gave up around dawn I saw where I must have killed at least one little pest because there was blood on the sheet and a little shell I at first thought was dried blood. My back was covered in bites that had turned to big, bumpy welts. On leaving, I left a note for housekeeping that I thought there were bugs in the bed. When we checked out my boyfriend told them there seemed to be bugs in the room. What ticked me off is that the manager was dismissive and only believed us when one of his employees who had been to the room confirmed there were bugs. The front desk clerk offered to comp the room but the manager just stood there like a bump on a log. The clerk apologized but the manager said nothing. Not my idea of leading from the front. I will be checking to see if my credit card reflects a refund and hopefully they will work on their bug issue and the manager will learn some customer service from his staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments; I know that you and I have had a good conversation about this and now I am able to respond your comments. With the recent resurgence of bedbugs in the US, they can appear in any hotel, from the best to the worst, the most expensive to the cheapest, most often brought in unannounced by our guests’ luggage.

What separates our hotel from the rest is how we train for the situation. We train to; identify, isolate and eradicate the problem. We do not want our guest to experience this nor do we want them to transfer them. This is a reflection of our commitment to both training and the use of professional resources.

We do spend significant time and resources in training and prevention, so that if a report is made, either by a guest or employee, we know exactly how to handle the situation. I can assure both you and anyone reading this that our hotel does not have an issue with bed bug infestation, and with our current level of vigilance and commitment to the issue it never will.

Any concerned guest, feel free to reach out and discuss this.

417-890-6060
Maineville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very disappointed in the front desk service. After a long trip, I checked into the room and noticed the plumbing was backing up. I called the front desk and they said they would bring a plunger to the room for me to fix it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Tracie H, I am sorry that you experienced any problem at all. The agent that worked the evening you stayed was a new employee and has decided to move on. This incident was not the reason. She should have asked if you would like her to fix the problem or allow you to instead of just assuming. We typically have an option to move you to another room unless we were full.

I will make sure that my team reads this review and learn that not every guest wants the same thing. I sure wish you could have scored us higher than two dots. I can assure you that typically we provide the best service as many guests have stated here on TripAdivsor. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and we have.

Thanks for your response.

Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was surprised to get a comp drink and have the availability of all kinds of beverages available. It was appreciated to get free pizza as well. The breakfast was an expanded selection of very good food. Everything was clean and the employees friendly and helpful. I will be back again. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: I like ground floors to close to the pool and breakfast area. I like fast exits if necessary
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Springfield South? Share your experiences!