“ROOM STUNK NO ONE ASKED IF I WANTED SMOKING ROOM” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Springfield I-44 to your Saves list
Knights Inn Springfield I-44
Knights Inn Springfield I-44
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3550 East Evergreen, Springfield, MO 65803 (Formerly American Inn)   |
Ranked #47 of 49 hotels in Springfield
Lebanon, Missouri
“ROOM STUNK NO ONE ASKED IF I WANTED SMOKING ROOM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I checked into American Inn room, not being asked if I wasnted smoking or non smoking. When I got to the room, it had the most terrible smell. Being tired and not wanting to deal with moving I tried to sleep in the room. Nope did not happen. I went to the front desk and informed them I was leaving, 4 days latter I still have a charge on my card! Ahhhhh! Worst experience ever, I went to the Drury Hotel. You get what you pay for, the rate was outragous anyway! Do Not Stay Here if you like nice clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I used to work for Sam at the beginning of the year and I agree that the hotel is a trashy place... They have people going in and out of there with people having sex for money, doing drugs in the room etc... Their rooms rarely ever get cleaned or anything, they are the worst place to stay here in Springfield... Sam also fired me becasue I had a family emergency and I had to be there and I got fired for it he does not take other peoples family crisis's into consideration. If it doesn't make him happy he will fire you... But this is by far the worst place in Springfield to stay...

• Stayed January 2010
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the night at the American Inn. The front clerk was pleasant, she explained that there are two types of rooms; a standard room (remodeled in the last year or two) and a discounted room (just the basics, not yet remodeled) and it was about $20 difference, we selected the standard room. I was very pleased with the room, it was clean with a very nice look, the bath room had curve bar shower rod, frig and microwave. When I checked out I asked if all the rooms are that nice. The clerk replied that the are still remodeling and have another year or two left but the goal would be that all the room would that kind of quality. The only negative would be the location, it was hard to get to. for other to find turn left by the kum and go on Kearney and 65. The people were friendly and the room was very nice for the price. Just remember it is an INN not a Hotel. I wish I had taken pictures.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Recently I had to travel for a family medical emergency and stayed in the American Inn in Springfield, Mo. This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. The room amounts to a door and key. No alarm clock, wake up calls are ignored, bathtub is covered with dirty footprints, towels smell of mildew, beds sag, carpet sticky and leaves black scum on socks. I woke up to roaches crawling on me. I tried to complain to management and met the "so called Owner". This owner refused to give me his name, but if you run into a young man of Asian decent, that is the man. The owner told me quote "we do not want people like you staying at our hotel". I had made the mistake of asking for an ironing board and was told that for the price of $29.99 per night, they did not feel it was necessary to provide this service. The owner stated they prefer people with limited funds and education. The owner also stated " You could not effect my business by complaining, we have the lowest rates in Springfield". PLEASE, PLEASE, STAY AWAY FORM THIS ROACH INFESTED HOLE! YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF STAYING IN A FLOP HOUSE OR ABOVE AN HIGHWAY OVERPASS. BEWARE, BEWARE , BEWARE!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Lampasas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I was placed in this hotel by the truck driving company that hired me (CRST). I stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks while attending truck driving school. The hotel is at least 1 mile from the nearest place to eat (Wafflehouse).. The hotel would not even take us there to eat unless we payed them $10.00 to drive us there. I walked most of the time. You would think as customers they would take us there on the weekends as a courtsy but they did not care about there customers. There is no food or resturant in this hotel. During the 4 weeks of driving school I had to move from room to room because they would doubled the students in each room. They were paid by the trucking companys but in return after the school was over we had to repay the trucking company. The rate we had to pay the company back was for a single person in a room by themself. YES the hotel made double payment for there room because they paired us together.. Thats just a start! The rooms were dirty, they changed our sheets once per week! YES 1 TIME PER WEEK, But we paid per day..
Trash was all over the place and was very dirty. As far as the staff, They were only there for the pay because there customers were the least of there problems.. I know that I WOULD NOT EVEN LET MY DOG STAY THERE.. Terrible place.. There are not store, restruant close by to eat or shop. They had a courtesy van that made runs to walmart once a week so you would need to buy plenty of lunchables to make it for the week. They also would charge 8.00 per person for this trip. as the others before me said "BUGS,BUGS,BUGS" all over the place.. This hotel need to have the health department shut them down.. I am not afraid to give you my name and phone number if you need more info.. Tommie [--] and I can tell you a ear full of bad things about this hotel.. We even had the fire alarm go off at 8PM and flooded some rooms and had to move to another room.. They didnt even bother to help us move..

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Found room to be infested with bed bugs, beds are old and sagging. This motel has a no refund policy so if you are not satisfied they will not refund your money. Motel looks good on the outside but the rooms look very ugly. I would never stay at this motel or recommed it to anyone else.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
St. Charles, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I had only been in my room for one hour when I found my legs covered in ants. I immediately went to the desk and checked out and demanded a refund. I was handed a refund request form and told that the "manager" would have to reveiw it in the morning. The next day I was denied by both the manager and owner for a refund and was then blamed for some holes in the wall that couldn't have been there before me. Both of them hung up on me. Completely un-professional, gross, and a bad reflection on the Ozark travel market!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Springfield I-44? Share your experiences!