We've stayed at this hotel for several years for conventions. The past three years, we requested adjoining rooms and the location we desired...they failed to accommodate us every time, even though we reserved several months in advance. The room decor/furnishings are nice as well as the atrium area. The breakfast was good.
We requested roll away beds and were told they didn't have any. (We had to purchase an air mattress and pump). We were in a non-smoking room, but two of three nights there were strong cigarette odours drifting into our room from somewhere. (possibly the bar? which wasn't located very far from our room) The staff was courteous, although they seemed to want us to think they were going to accommodate us (room choice, rollaways, etc.). The second day of our stay, when we returned to our rooms, the beds were not made, (we'd left no belongings on the bed) the floor wasn't vaccumed..they had only exchanged towels and rinsed out the sinks and tub. They had not wiped off any of the desks/counters, etc.
If I had paid the regular rate, I would have been more irritated. So..if you're not picky, it's not bad for the group rate we paid. The beds were comfortable. The tub drained rather slowly and the toilet flushing was so loud, it seemed as though everyone on the hall could hear it. The water pressure for the shower is very weak compared to other hotels I've stayed in. They did bring one roll a way for the last night of our stay. I'm considering a different hotel for next years convention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center is conveniently located at I-44 and N. Glenstone in Springfield, MO. With 173 beautifully decorated guestrooms, guests can enjoy double or king rooms, poolside rooms, private courtyard rooms or one of our lavish executive suites. Our guestrooms feature in-room refrigerator, free high speed internet, 37" LCD Flat Panel TV, Coffee Maker and much more. The Ramada Plaza Hotel offers an indoor saltwater pool and hot tub nestled in a gorgeous tropical inspired atrium. Other amenities include an outdoor heated pool, business center, fitness center, complimentary airport shuttle service and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Ramada Plaza is also home to one of Springfield's favorite restaurants, Fire & Ice, featuring the area's only ice bar and a delicious menu with a variety of dry aged steaks and seafood specialties. For groups and events, our beautiful state of the art convention center offers over 30,000 square feet of versatile meeting space and a creative culinary team. We look forward to having you as our guest soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Oasis Hotel And Convention Center
- Ramada Oasis Hotel Springfield