I am not usually one to complain. When I checked in, I thought "wow, what a nice place!". Boy, can looks be deceiving! I went into my room (around 5:00 pm) and it felt quite chilly. This is pretty normal so I turned the heater up to 76 and left for dinner. I was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned (around 6:30 pm), my room was still ice cold. I turned the heater up to 80. Still nothing. A little before 7:00 pm, I went to the front desk and told them of the issue. I was told maintenance would be up to look at it. I sat in my room in my sweatshirt and heavy coat waiting for maintenance for 45 minutes when I called the front desk to follow up. I was told that maintenance had picked up the ticket, but that they had other tickets ahead of me. The man told me that it should be soon. Around 8:55 pm, I still had not heard anything. I went down to the front desk and said I was stepping out for a moment and since maintenance had still not came, I wanted them to know they could go ahead and go in if I did not answer. When I returned to my room at 9:10 pm, maintenance was in my room. At 9:14 pm, the maintenance man said he could not fix it tonight and they would need to switch rooms because he could not fix it tonight. Needless to say, I am livid!!!! They should have switched my room in the beginning. After getting up at 4:30 am to travel up here and sitting in meetings all day, I am exhausted and very unhappy. Horrible customer service! The maintenance man was incredibly polite and respectful. The manager however, was a nightmare!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center is conveniently located at I-44 and N. Glenstone in Springfield, MO. With 173 beautifully decorated guestrooms, guests can enjoy double or king rooms, poolside rooms, private courtyard rooms or one of our lavish executive suites. Our guestrooms feature in-room refrigerator, free high speed internet, 37" LCD Flat Panel TV, Coffee Maker and much more. The Ramada Plaza Hotel offers an indoor saltwater pool and hot tub nestled in a gorgeous tropical inspired atrium. Other amenities include an outdoor heated pool, business center, fitness center, complimentary airport shuttle service and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Ramada Plaza is also home to one of Springfield's favorite restaurants, Fire & Ice, featuring the area's only ice bar and a delicious menu with a variety of dry aged steaks and seafood specialties. For groups and events, our beautiful state of the art convention center offers over 30,000 square feet of versatile meeting space and a creative culinary team. We look forward to having you as our guest soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Oasis Hotel And Convention Center
- Ramada Oasis Hotel Springfield