“Horrible Customer Service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center

You added Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2546 North Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65803   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
“Horrible Customer Service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I am not usually one to complain. When I checked in, I thought "wow, what a nice place!". Boy, can looks be deceiving! I went into my room (around 5:00 pm) and it felt quite chilly. This is pretty normal so I turned the heater up to 76 and left for dinner. I was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned (around 6:30 pm), my room was still ice cold. I turned the heater up to 80. Still nothing. A little before 7:00 pm, I went to the front desk and told them of the issue. I was told maintenance would be up to look at it. I sat in my room in my sweatshirt and heavy coat waiting for maintenance for 45 minutes when I called the front desk to follow up. I was told that maintenance had picked up the ticket, but that they had other tickets ahead of me. The man told me that it should be soon. Around 8:55 pm, I still had not heard anything. I went down to the front desk and said I was stepping out for a moment and since maintenance had still not came, I wanted them to know they could go ahead and go in if I did not answer. When I returned to my room at 9:10 pm, maintenance was in my room. At 9:14 pm, the maintenance man said he could not fix it tonight and they would need to switch rooms because he could not fix it tonight. Needless to say, I am livid!!!! They should have switched my room in the beginning. After getting up at 4:30 am to travel up here and sitting in meetings all day, I am exhausted and very unhappy. Horrible customer service! The maintenance man was incredibly polite and respectful. The manager however, was a nightmare!

• Stayed March 2013
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I was so disappointed to read the review you place on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems and inconveniences you experienced you’re your room temperature during your visit.

You are absolutely correct regarding the fact that we should have moved you to another room immediately when you determined that there was an issue with your AC/Heating unit. I am sorry that didn’t happen and will address this issue with our night manager to ensure the same thing does not happen to a future guest.

I appreciate your comment regarding the maintenance associate that assisted you during your stay and I will share with him as I know it will put a smile on his face.

I would love the opportunity have you as our guest again in the future so that we can provide you with our normal high standard of service and accommodations. Please contact me directly at 417-522-7710 to arrange.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Missy Handyside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ramada Oasis is a family friendly hotel!! The pool is heated and large. Breakfast is served until 10a.m. which is nice for teenagers who like to sleep late. The staff is friendly!! My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you so much for the awesome review you shared on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at the Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center in Springfield, MO. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate your kind comments.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our amenities such as our indoor saltwater pool and complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I also appreciate your comments regarding our staff and the service they provided you.

We look forward to you being our guests again in the future.

Best regards,
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Part of route 66 trip, Would give 3 1/2 stars if had been possible. Conveniently situated just off
I 44. Motel-type large room with balcony. Good beds, well appointed, very clean. Helpful staff,. Rooms appear to have been renovated to retain the 50's ambience and decor. Small gym. Breakfast was fine and served in atrium which surrounded large indoor pools and was a lovely setting. Excellent value at $80 incl. tax. Restaurants etc., close by.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking car park as rooms at back overlook industrial site.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate your kind comments.

We are flattered to receive such a great review from a frequent traveler such as you. I hope that anytime you are visiting Springfield you will make the Ramada Plaza Hotel your hotel of choice.

Again, thank you so much.

Missy Handyside

Been to Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center? Share your experiences!