“Stay away from restaurant/bar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center

You added Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2546 North Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65803   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Middleboro
“Stay away from restaurant/bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location was great for the event I attended. Hotel was clean, rooms comfortable, great breakfast, great conference facility. Now for the down side. The service in the restaurant was horrible and food was not always cooked, ie. chicken legs were not cooked and the waitress argued that the were and that is how they cooked them. So I didn't eat, got the picture. So avoid the restaurant/bar at all cost. Lots of places close by. Other problem was with my room key, desk informed me that they were very sensitive and to keep them away from cell phones and other credit cards. You can imagine how aggravating it was after a long day, tired and the darn key didn't work. This happened 5 times during my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Paul,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you incurred in our restaurant during your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO. I spoke with our restaurant manager regarding your issues and steps are being taken to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I was disappointed that you did not enjoy your dining experience as Fire & Ice has a great reputation for both food and service and I'm sorry you did not receive either.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We would love for you to stay with us again during your next visit to Springfield so please call me directly and I will be happy to assist with your reservation.

Missy Handyside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Macon, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed at this location twice, once for a class reunion and once for a conference. Rooms are good, hotel staff is a little weak and it takes awhile to check in or make changes in anyway. Ask for a ground level poolside room and you will have a little walk out patio with real plants. I think it gets a little noisy here depending on what group is in but not terrible. The morning breakfast is not that great but overall this was a really nice spot for a reunion.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see that you have stayed with us a couple of times and would again if visiting Springfield. I do apologize that your check-in process was not handled promptly and I will address that with our Front Desk Manager. Our #1 goal is to provide each of our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations so it's always nice to hear from our guests where we were great and in what areas we can improve.

I very much appreciate your comments and I hope to see you again in the future!
Park Hills, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

First of all, our room was huge! Plenty of room to move around and to put up the pack n play for the baby. Everything was very clean, and smelled fresh. Bathrooms were very clean, and the tub was clean enough that I even took a bubble bath in it, which is rare for hotel rooms! I was surprised at everything that was provided in the room (ex. shampoo AND conditioner, etc). Breakfast was more than any other "free" breakfast that other hotels serve. Plenty of hot food and cold foods/fruit. I saw that someone said that the breakfast area needed more seating, but I'm not sure why they said that. There was plenty of seating, they even opened up the fire and ice restaurant and let people eat their breakfast in there, so seating isn't an issue at all. My kids loved the indoor pool which was large enough that you weren't swimming on top of anyone else. Everyone was very friendly and treated me very respectfully. We will no doubt stay here again!

Dear Tiffany,
WOW - Thank you for such an awesome review of the Ramada Oasis on TripAdvisor. Your comments are very much appreciated! I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your entire stay with us and I hope that we have become your hotel of choice when visiting Springfield.

Thanks again.....so very much!

Warsaw, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Traveling with our grandchilden, a pool was important: The staff was very courteous. When we entered our room the refrigerator was leaking and maintenance was called, they were prompt and the issue was taken care of. We were on the ground floor and our room had a sliding door to go outside however,we could not enjoy the patio because there was outdoor furniture! So we decided to go to the pool. The decor was nice with fountains and lush greenary! It was clean and the pool looked very inviting BUT NOT SO! It was so COLD that our grandaugthers lips tuned BLUE after a few minutes in the pool! There was only 4 towels, so warming her was hardly an option! Very disappointed in the pool! In the morning we took advantage of the continental breakfast, there was a nice variety of items to choose from.

Dear Monica,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield. I apologize for the pool being too cold for you and your family to enjoy. We had just completed a new pool floor project prior to your stay and evidently the pool had not heated to our standard temperature prior to you and your grandkids using it. I'm so sorry for this. I was glad to see that other than that, you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that when visiting Springfield you will stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while in town for a family reunion. We were very happy here. The decor is very modern and interesting. The rooms were average size and I would've liked more counters pace at th sink but the overall hotel experience made it worth it. The breakfast was very good with hot items. The staff was very friendly and the pool was very nice-the kids loved it! I wish the outside pool had been open (was closed for maintenance) but the indoor one had an outdoor feel with lots of plants and light. I liked that it was saltwater without the chlorine smell. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield with our future guests. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! I do apologize for the outdoor pool being closed during your stay for the resurfacing of the floor. I was glad to see that your kids and you enjoyed our indoor saltwater pool. I agree, saltwater is much more refreshing than chlorine. I hope that we will be your hotel of choice anytime you and your family visit Springfield!

Again, thank you for your awesome review of the Ramada Oasis!
Kirkwood, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

A pleasant experience. We had a king suite, which provided adequate and comfortable space for three adults! The staff was beyond amazing. The food from Fire and Ice was hot, delicious and delivered promptly to our room. It was reassuring that it was somewhat of a "gated" resort community, especially since ao many othernhotels here have experienced automobile break ins. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: We had a king suite. It did not have a true , useable balcony, but it was perfect for us for one nig...
Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO with TripAdvisor. I was very excited to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you appreciated our tropical themed atmosphere and I agree, it definitely gives the feel of a resort. I hope that you will stay with us again if visiting Springfield. If so, please look me up as I always enjoy meeting our guests. Thanks again for the awesome review!!!
Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I spent one week at the Ramada Oasis hotel and was very satisfied. The first impression of the hotel was one of cleanliness and neatness. Next impression was of the helpful and friendly staff. The room was large and comfortable; the complimentary breakfast was excellent; the overall facility inviting; and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
THANK YOU ROBERT LOW FOR ALL YOU DO REALLY IS HONOR TO WORK FOR YOU

PRIME INC PROFESSIONAL DRIVER

Room Tip: rooms on the north side of hotel have access to pool to balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eddie,
Thank you so very much for your awesome review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield. I was very happy to read that you found your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. I will definitely share your comments with our entire staff regarding the guest service you received. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!
Missy Handyside

Been to Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center? Share your experiences!