“Fun Place to Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Springfield
rapid city, sd
“Fun Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed here twice, once on the way to New Orleans, and once on the way back. The hotel is undergoing renovation, but we were not disturbed in any way. The pool area is very nice (there are two pools, one outdoor and one indoor), with trees and plants and fountains. The rooms are very nicely sized, and clean. The front desk staff was excellent and answered all questions we had. The free breakfast was served in the indoor pool area, and there were a lot of good choices including scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and bacon as well as the usual danish, bagels, and cold and hot cereal. For the price (we paid $119 total for 4 adults and one child) this is a great choice in the Springfield area, and we really enjoyed both of our stays here. (There is also a restaurant on site, called Fire and Ice, but we did not eat there).

• Stayed May 2011

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Kennebunkport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed at the Oasis for 2 nights and were pleased with our clean, quiet accommodations at a reasonable price. The free breakfast included much more than a simple continental one and eating by the pool area surrounded by plants was nice.
All the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful to any of our needs, be it for directions to an attraction or for a plastic spoon. It all was done with a smile and friendly attitude.
Even with the outside construction, which has to happen at times, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield, Missouri. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned in your review, we are currently adding private courtyards to some of our guestrooms. We are hoping they will give our guests a place to enjoy the outdoors this summer and still have privacy. They are expected to be complete in just a couple of weeks. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff. I will pass your review onto them as well. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you will make the Ramada Oasis your hotel of choice when visiting Springfield.
Montana City, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Stayed at the Ramada for one night and I was pleasantly surprised. I was looking for a deal on a three star hotel and I got one through the Springfield Visitors Bureau, $71.00 for the night. This hotel sits back off of Glenstone, so there was no road noise.
This is a newly and still being remodeled hotel that appears to have a huge number of rooms. It was quite a hike from my room on the east end to the breakfast area but well worth it. My room was of normal size, with two double, not queen size beds, which were quite comfortable..The bathroom was small but well appointed. The room had a mini fridge and microwave. The best part of the room was the balcony, which I enjoyed.
The hotel lobby and public areas are newly done with a retro style. The hotel has a huge solarium area with pool, hot tub and breakfast area. The breakfast was very good with ample hot and cold foods. Biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage and eggs. There are rooms opening into this area that would be great for kids.
The downside for me was the patio door in my room did not lock other than a pole to put in the door which did the job. Again, this is not a high end hotel but very good bang for the buck and I will definitely stay here again when in Springfield.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Caldwell, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I had to stay in Springfield for one night and when I searched for a hotel, I was looking at the reviews and ratings, so I chose this hotel. I was very disappointed. For the price of a bill with Grant on it, I can think of several other hotels, much nicer. The toilet look like something from a public restroom and did not flush well. The phone did not work and I did not feel like making the trek back up to the front desk to tell them. It seems like their drainage is not the best because both the sink and bathtub would not drain. When I tried to iron, it leaked water all over my clothes. Instead of normal pillows, I had 6 small pillow that look like you would throw on a couch. The breakfast was not very good, just generic. I was disappointed in the shuttle service too. I had the option to take a shuttle less than an hour from my flight time or 2 1/2 hours before my flight time. I would say the positive was the Service at the front desk was nice and met with a smile. The bed was comfortable to sleep in. There is a Wal-mart and Applebees next door. I just felt for the price I was paying, I felt like I was staying in a place that offered the same service and atmosphere I would get at a hotel where I paid half the price. For me, my friends, and business associates, I will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel. We take reviews very personal because just as you did, many of our guests rely on other guest's experience when reserving a hotel. Our entire staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and the service they provide. And because of our commitment to both, we recently received a Best of the Best award through Ramada Worldwide. So as you can imagine, I am extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. I would like to invite you to please stay with us again during your next visit to Springfield. Please call me directly so I can personally take care of your reservation. I am confident that your next stay will be very enjoyable and comfortable and you will experience first hand our normal level of high guest service. I hope to hear from you soon.
Micanopy, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed at the Oasis for a friend's bachelorette party. It was the PERFECT CHOICE! We were able to enjoy the tropical indoor pool and hot tub before heading up to our adjoining rooms to get ready for a night out on the town. The room was spacious, modern, and very clean. We had reservations in Fire & Ice, the restaurant on property, and the food was AMAZING. One of the other restaurant guests even bought a bottle of wine for my friend, the bride to be. You could tell everyone dining there was enjoying themselves. One of the girls attending the party had such a great time, she is booking hotel rooms at the Oasis for her bachelorette party this summer. This hotel is awesome!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
I am happy to hear that you and your friends had a great time celebrating your special night here at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield. We strive to ensure each and every guest experiences a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I'm glad to hear that you did! Congratulations on your marriage! Remember us on your anniversary or any other special occasion.
Best regards,
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

This place was amazing. I was on my way to Oklahoma and stopped here for the night. The hotel iteself was very nice, the staff were awesome, and they even have an excellent restaurant and bar. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it if you're ever in, or travelling through, Springfield.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Ramada Oasis Hotel in Springfield, MO. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit! I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate you mentioning our wonderful staff. Our goal is to ensure that each guest experiences a great stay with us and I'm so glad that to see that you did. Hope that we will see you again on your next visit to Springfield.
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Was pleasantly surprised with this property. Good free breakfast, awesome indoor pool area with hot tub. Friendly staff, clean room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
mishandy, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the Ramada Oasis Hotel & Convention Center in Springfield, MO. I am so happy that you found your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. Our motto at the Ramada Oasis is "to give our guests more than they expect" and I am so glad that you found that we lived up to our motto. I hope that you will stay with us again when visiting Springfield.
Missy Handyside

Been to Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center? Share your experiences!