“Beer Lover's Delight” 5 of 5 stars

Kansas
21 attraction reviews
“Beer Lover's Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

While staying at a Bed & Breakfast near Branson, MO my husband and I visited a distillery (Copper Run). The beer on tap (used in a few cocktails) was Mother's. We had never heard of this brewery so we "googled" it and planned to stop on our way home. A tasting room is open for visitors as well as free tours. Several beers are on tap including a few varieties only available in the tasting room. Growlers are available for purchase if you want to take some home with you. Bottles are available too! The beer is great! I am glad we took time to stop. Now we just need to convince our local liquor store to carry this beer!! Nit Wit was our favorite so we filled a growler and bought bottles of the Sandy and the Spring seasonal. We will definitely stop again!

Visited June 2013

Nixa, Missouri
79 attraction reviews
“We love Mother's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is just all kinds of great. We got a tour of the facility (which used to be a bread factory, and it's really cool to see how much of the stuff they were able to repurpose & use), and got to sample a few beers. First Firkin Fridays are always a blast. They have 3 staples that are year-round, then seasonals (Winter Grind is by far my favorite beer), plus tons of "tinker" small-batch brews. Their creativity & passion for the craft brew business really shows.

Visited November 2012
18 attraction reviews
“Love the employees, beer & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband & I just stumbled on this place leaving Springfield Brewing Company. We went in and sampled a few beers then got to take the beer tour. Right away we were impressed with the employees. You can tell the love their job and they want you to enjoy your time there. We loved all the beers we tried. The brewing company is set up in an old Bread factory. I love how they reuse, use local, and involve themselves in local. They are a huge perk for Springfield residence. The tour was so much fun. They arent stuffy and boring like some tours we've been on. This is a must do for beer lovers!

Visited January 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
23 attraction reviews
“For beer lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

One of my perks in traveling is an opportunity to try out local beer. Mothers has been around for nearly 2 years??? It is not a brew pub. So no food served. But you can go to the brewery to their taste room and try various beers. They have several standards they make: blonde, IPA, Brown Ale they make year round and then there are seasonals to try. FYI Their tasting room is only open from Wed - Sat. Sun - Tues, they suggest you go visit your dear mom! I like that.

Visited January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Homegrown brew, fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

On a recent trip to Springfield, MO, my wife and actually changed our plans to travel later in the week so that we could visit 2 places in particular -- 1984 arcade, which is only open Wednesday through Saturday, and Mother's Brewing Company.

My wife's not big into beer, but whenever we travel, we try to find a local brewery or winery and sample some of their stuff. It was the Mother's logo that caught my wife's eye while we were researching online, and we decided to plan on stopping by. Our intuition was confirmed when, the first night we were in Springfield, the hotel bar where we were staying had Mother's TowHead on draft. I don't normally go for lighter colored beers, but this blonde ale surprised me with its crisp and slightly sweet taste that complimented my meal very well. The bait was set.

The tasting room isn't large, but there are tables for you to lounge at, and the look of the space is fantastic. Industrial chic. The merchandise is plenty, although they were out of the black long-sleeved logo shirts in XXL, which is my size. Lots of stuff to choose from, especially at the tasting bar. Every beer they have available is on draft, including some that are exclusive to the tasting room. I tried one of their Thing beers (I think it was Thing 1), which was a Pumpkin Porter, and honestly one of the best pumpkin beers I've ever had, second only to O'Fallon's Pumpkin Beer. They'll get you a taste of whatever you want. Pints are $4.00, half pints are $2.50. A few of their specialty pints are $6.00, but well worth the extra money.

We were there around 5:00 pm, so while we were there, we saw plenty of people coming in to fill up their growlers. Mother's beers are available on draft at several Springfield area restaurants and coffee houses (!!!), including Bistro Market, the Coffee Ethic, and many others, and they also bottle their stuff. I grabbed a six pack of the Tow Head and a four pack of the Foggy Notion, a barleywine style ale with a kick and a half. I tasted more than half the beers they had available, and for a brewery that's been open for less than 2 years, they have a very impressive selection.

You can tell that there's a culture of beer alive in this place -- everyone is either testing a beer, enjoying a beer, or talking about beer. The staff is very friendly, and the whole place has a welcoming, relaxed vibe. The people that came in were also friendly and eager to shoot the breeze for a moment while their growlers were being filled. Mother's has also been involved in many area festivals and benefits, so they have begun to make their mark in the community. The only thing I don't like is that I live 5 hours away from Springfield, and they haven't pushed into the St. Louis market yet. But the next time I go to Springfield, I'm stopping at Mother's.

Visited November 2012