“These Mother's Sure Know How to Treat People!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 70 things to do in Springfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
49 attraction reviews
“These Mother's Sure Know How to Treat People!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been to Mother's Brewing Company on several occasions. I make it a point to drop in whenever I am in Springfield. The beer is good, but the people really make this place! They are knowledgeable about their products, make great recommendations and are a blast to chat with. They sell growlers which can then be filled with your choice of Mother's beer. It's a neat little concept. They also sell t-shirts, hats, etc.

My most recent trip to Mother's was for their Oktoberfest in the Ozarks event. It was well planned and well executed. Plenty of (clean) restrooms! Great live music, great local food and customers had the option of buying a cup with the Mother's logo for $5 ($4 refills) or a really cool stein with the Mother's logo for $15 ($8 refills)! This was a great deal and a lot of fun. I have been telling everyone about Mother's and can't wait to come back for more!

Visited September 2012

Cabool, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Cool place. The people running the place are very nice. Awesome marketing plan but a very average beer.

Visited September 2012
Manito, IL
“Good Beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stopped by Mother's while passing through Springfield. There wasn't a tour that we were aware of on the day we stopped, but the tasting room was pretty full of people. The two bartenders were very helpful in picking out beers for us. They seemed to really enjoy their jobs and interacting with the people. The beer was very good! A lot of the local restaurants have Mother's on the menu. Overall, a good choice for a good cold beer in Springfield.

Visited July 2012
El Paso, Texas
52 attraction reviews
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

People had recommended that we visit, so we did today. We tasted several and chose to buy a half pint of our two favorites. The beers we tried were all outstanding. The tasting room is comfortable, the staff is helpful. They have glasses, growlers & t-shirts for sale, along with other souvenirs. We were really impressed by the quality of their beers, and plan to go back again.

Visited August 2012
Springfield
“Mothers//fading trend in beer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I think craft beers are always fun to try but Mothers falls short in consistency. Because it is a smaller system, the ingredients and recipe tend to change from bottle to bottle. Also, from the many flavors I have tried, I've noticed a harsh after taste that could be avoidable. Stout beers I find to be the best because of their strong present and malty taste but Mothers just hasn't mastered the brewing magic quite yet. Their hoppy beers are even a bit too stout for my taste. It is a little alarming that many places downtown are not allowed to serve any other competing brand of beer because the owners of Mothers also run certain buildings that some bars and restaurants happen to have set up shop in... that doesn't seem right. I would prefer to eat where I choose AND have a decent choice of craft beers instead of being limited by Mothers. Seems like a trend beer that won't stand the test of time.

Visited July 2012