“Lunch impressed me and my family. ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Nixa, Missouri
“Lunch impressed me and my family. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and decided to try the lunch here and we were not disappointed. We both had a salad and my steak wedge salad was very good and not overly done to look fancy and I cleaned my plate. My wife's spinach salad was great as i ate some of hers with mine. This is definitely a great place for lunch and prices were good also.

Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thanks for the review Jeff! glad to hear your salads were a success, but don't stop there! the sandwiches are all amazing on their own! We will be glad to see you return! Thank you again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“My favorite restaurant in Springfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The service and food are always absolutely fantastic here. I love that the servers ALWAYS offer a taste of wine before serving it, usually they bring two at a time to taste first. I appreciate this so much because I like to buy a bottle of wine (for the price break) with a special dinner out, and it's so frustrating when the wine isn't as good as the description made it sound! They've also recently expanded their beer selection. I've never been the least bit disappointed with anything that I've ordered here. I always order some sort of steak, they are the BEST bar none!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
THANK YOU Nancy, I can't imagine a better review could be written. So many reviews are written after a single visit, therefore its nice to have the perspective of a reviewer who has visited us on several occasions. We strive for consistency in the quality of all aspects of our food, wine and service. We are so very grateful for your kind words and your support. Thank you Nancy.
“Good service, other than that Jimms was less than desireable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate at Jimms after an event in Springfield. It was late evening, yet the service was still top notch. I had the "famous" french dip; it was good but nothing special. My wife had the cajun pasta; she said it was very good. The biggest dissapointment was my son's macaroni and cheese. It was obviously institutional, and actually looked like Kraft box mac N cheese for 4.99. Im not high maintenance at all but I thought that was unbelievable. The childrens dinner does come with complimentary ice cream.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service you received. "Top Notch" is an accolade we are thrilled to receive. I am disappointed to hear that the French Dip was lacking for you, we always hope that every bite will be equally as impressive as our service. Your feed back on the macaroni and cheese has been taken into consideration and we will look into another option. To be honest it is classic Kraft Mac & Cheese, which typically is enjoyed by the kids, but we will not over look an opportunity to raise the bar for ourselves....even with our kid's Mac and Cheese. Thank you again for stopping in to visit us.
Evanston, Illinois
“A good business lunch outing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A group of three were seated without any reservation. We ordered the salad buffet and our choice of soup: onion soup and seafood bisque which were served immediately. The decor may be dark and old-fashioned but the dining area exudes a warm ambiance. The server was friendly and attentive. We had a good dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eric3742, Manager at Jimm's Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We are very grateful that you stopped in for lunch and thank you for your gracious review.
Springfield, Missouri
“Top Notch, An Unexpected Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I really didn't know what to expect when I went to Jimms. I imagined it was just another steak place in the midwest, they are crawling all over here. The experience began when I walked in. We had immediate seating, though you could tell it was packed. That didn't stop our waiter from being timely and efficient, with amazing customer service. She knew her menu inside and out and had some great recommendations.

The food is some of the best I may have ever had, that's not an exaggeration. I still crave and think about some of their appetizers. And the price is great. For what you get, it's reasonable. It's the taste, not the proportions, that make it worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Jane for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's always great to hear that we are keeping up our game in a city/region that has so many steakhouses and other restaurants to choose from. It means a lot to us all.