“Miscommunication” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Plano Texas
“Miscommunication”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I reserved this room after having a conversation with a staff member for my brother's stay. I paid for the room via debit card at the time of reservation. The lady I spoke with said he would need the security code from the card. I wrote it down for him. When he checked in, the front desk said he needed the card and photo ID. My brother is a very nervous person, and becomes very stressed easily. That's why I handled it by phone. He didn't have my card or ID ad was afraid he wasn't going to get a room. He called me in a panic. I spoke to a staff member, scanned my card and ID and emailed it to the hotel. Your staff demonstrated miscommunication to the highest degree.
I was very dissatisfied with the management of this issue. Then they gave him a key to a room. When he went to open the door, the key did not work. He went back to the front desk, and the lady accused him of not doing it right and was quite nasty to him. The lady who I originally spoke with must have come on duty then and she proved to be quite helpful in securing him with a working key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

mchell4372, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 417-833-1500. Sincerely, Carla Patel, Manager, Microtel Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lakeview
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

no soap or shampoo. the washcloth was thin and had 2 half dollar size holes. the hand towel the same---very thin. with holes. I'd made reservation on line and when i got to the hotel they advertized a lower Price on the markee. The desk clerk was not very helpful-- did not know the area or how to get to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

mchell4372, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel ever. Don't stay here. My room locked me out and the employees couldn't fix it. I've been burned by Wyndham multiple times now. I will never again use this company. Also the first "non smoking" room they put us in smelled like a bar and we had to get moved to the one that I got locked out of.

• Stayed June 2013
mchell4372, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, July 2, 2013

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield? Share your experiences!