“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
PUEBLO
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this motel. It was very quite and the beds were very comfortable. We did not eat breakfast as we do not like continental foods. Stayed there last year too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com at an average of $43 a night for three nights. The room we were initially given was very small, which didn't surprise us, but it had a problem with the light over the bed turning itself off. The lady at the front desk was very accommodating and gave us another room, which was a handicapped room and considerably larger, with a microwave and minifridge. It was extremely comfortable and roomy. This was our first time in a Microtel and we found both pluses and minuses: pluses were it was very clean and the bed was firm but comfortable, the breakfast offerings were fresh, and the location near I-44 and Glenstone was perfect for us; minuses were that the regular rooms are a bit too small for our tastes, the TVs are placed in an awkward location for comfortable viewing (on a shelf above the closet), and the surrounding rooms when occupied were a bit noisy.

Still, for the price this chain really can't be beat for a 1-night stay. It gets a little cramped when staying more than that. It definitely beats the competition in this price range by far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Roeland Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A critical reason to pick this place was that I was told online that they would accept pets. While my dogs were not with me on this 1st trip of many to follow to Springfield, I wanted to see what the place was like. The signs at the front desk and the rear door I used to enter the hotel clear said NO PETS. I asked the front desk person about this. She said that two rooms were available for pet stays and that they were completely fumigated after every use. She further said that the signs meant nothing. I did not get a friendly warm, "we want to you come and stay' felling from the signs or the reasons or the comment about complete fumigation. I do appreciate the desire for clean, But perhaps you do not need my future business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

SAINT LOUIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel twice in the last two months, and I plan to stay there for my future visits to Springfield. The price is incredibly reasonable for what you receive: a great bed, comfortable bedding/pillows, clean bathrooms, and incredible service. The staff is friendly, helpful, and genuinely interested in making sure you have a pleasant and comfortable stay. It's only four miles from the parking lot to my daughter's residence hall at Missouri State, and about three and a half miles to the Expo Convention Center. I even found a back way that keeps me off of Glenstone (main road through town), but I can also travel Glenstone for numerous restaurants and shopping venues when needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

SAINT PETERS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here after seeing on Hotels.com that this hotel had a pool. They do not. We were really disappointed but we do realize that this is not at all the fault of the hotel.
The staff was outstanding. Super friendly and outgoing.
The rooms were standard. Not immaculate but nothing out of the ordinary either.
Breakfast left a little to be desired. Muffins, bagles, cereal, oatmeal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

DALEVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was a very poor experience. We had stayed at a Microtel the night before and thought a Microtel Inn was a step up, but it was more like a step down for twice the price. The sheets were old and stained, and appreared to have been slept in before we got the room. The counter tops were dirty, and plug fell out of the sockets. Carpets were dirty and made our feet dirty after taking a shower. It was hard to find the entrance to the hotel because it is not maked well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at the Microtel Inn, right off I-44 on August16th when i moved my step-son to school for the fall. It was very inexpensive and well worth my money. It's not a plush, new hotel with a lot of features, so if you're a Hilton, Starwood, or Marriott junkie, don't bother. I paid $57 (including taxes) for one night. There wasn't a room left that night, and the parking lot was full. The hotel is right on the north side of I-44, and really was far enough off the road that the noise wasn't too bad. I felt safe in the lot and hotel, and for it being a full night, it was rather quiet and peaceful. The rooms are older, and not the most up-to-date as other have mentioned, but mine was very clean and not torn apart. I thought it was good for the $$$. The staff was very friendly, and I really had no complaints on this stay at all. They do have a complimentary breakfast, but I can't speak for it since I didn't eat there the next morning. Overall, I got a good room, for a cheap price, and didn't feel like it was a rat's nest or meth lab hub like a lot of budget interstate hotels make you feel these days! As I mentioned, if you like fancy places with bells and whistles, move on. If you need a good clean room for a budget price, this is a good spot. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield? Share your experiences!