“Not the best!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Not the best!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at the Microtel Springfield for 3 nights this past week. The check in was fast and the room, while small (I think this is what the "Micro" applies to), was clean. The second night, a dog in a neighboring room barked/whined continuously for 45 minutes. I reported it to the front desk. The clerk called my room 5 minutes later stating she had contacted the occupants of that room and they were returning to the hotel. About 30 minutes later the barking stopped. I realize the hotel is not at fault for irresponsible pet owners. There was a lot of noise among the rooms. It sounded like the people above me were doing calisthenics and the ongoing door closings was somewhat annoying. When I left my room for the day on Sunday morning, housekeeping was working in the room next to mine. When I returned several hours later, I discovered my room had not been cleaned. I had to request towels and a garbage bag from the front desk because I had eaten take out the night before and didn't want the garbage in the room another night. The clerk said she would let management know. I also heard her say this on two other occasions to other people for different things. The parking lot lighting was overkill! I've seen overnight construction zones with less bright lighting. The lights were pointed directly toward the building and there was no way the curtains were able to block the light. It was like daylight, all night long! I will be making trips to Springfield, Missouri during the next few years but I don't think I'll be staying at Microtel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Check in staff was approachable, knowledgeable and accomodating. The clerk helped me with getting ice and made fresh coffee on request.
Room was clean, compact and green friendly concept I was told.
Breakfast was continental and good to go. Had a bit of trouble on check out but only because the employee was unsure what to do.
Nice location for the money.

Room Tip: Friendly people to me
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Santa rosa,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at Microtel on 6/27/11 and was greeted with enthusiamsm by an employee named Sophie. She was very friendly and gave me road directions to my next destination. The woman gave me details of the WIFI including free use of a PC in the lobby. I was even let to change rooms when I did not know what I wanted, a one queen or two queen beds. The night girl was very accomodating to my co-worker and I.
The beds were very comfortable, the best I've ever had in a side of highway hotel.
It was clean and breakfast was served at 6am untill 10am with fresh fruit.
I would recommend this place to stay on buisness again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mexico, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We had pre-paid for our room, only to get there & be charged an additional $26 for a room with 2 queen beds. The new room they put us in REEKED of smoke (and it was a non-smoking room). When I complained to the desk clerk, she told me to open the window, but not to let my kids fall out of it (we were on the 2nd floor). The window had no screen...so of course, I couldn't leave it opened. The floor was dirty, and under the floor under the beds was covered with candy and dust. The walls were thin and we could hear everything in the parking lot & in the rooms next door to us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
westerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed there one night as I was traveling through town. Wanted a place with indoor corridors that I could feel safe. This place served its purpose. Though the room was small, it was all I needed for 1 person/1 night. It was quiet and comfortable. Made me feel safe that a room key was needed to get in any entrance to building. Breakfast was nothing special, but it too served it's purpose of a light breakfast so I could get on the road. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My fiance and I got in around 1:00AM and just wanted a place to sleep the night before a funeral. The man behind the counter was very friendly and helpful. When we were trying to sleep, though, there was a lot of loud noises coming from upstairs. After the noise had continued for roughly an hour and considering the funeral I had to attend the next day, I called the front desk to ask if they could do something about it. They were able to talk to the person in the room above and I was able to get some sleep.

The price you pay for the room is great, although the breakfast the following morning is just cereal, English muffins, and bagels. They also have toast, Foldgers coffee, cheap orange juice, you get the idea.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Checked in early and was greeted by Michelle who welcomed us with warmth and good spirits. The room was great - clean and nice. There was some wallpaper pulling from the wall in the bathroom, but this is not an issue with me, but I know from reading some people's reviews this is a big concern. The hotel was quiet and had wifi, which was nice to get some research done at night. We both thought this was a great little find in a land of bland options in that price range. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield? Share your experiences!