“Good for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Springfield
Seattle, Washington
“Good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Check in staff was approachable, knowledgeable and accomodating. The clerk helped me with getting ice and made fresh coffee on request.
Room was clean, compact and green friendly concept I was told.
Breakfast was continental and good to go. Had a bit of trouble on check out but only because the employee was unsure what to do.
Nice location for the money.

Room Tip: Friendly people to me
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Santa rosa,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at Microtel on 6/27/11 and was greeted with enthusiamsm by an employee named Sophie. She was very friendly and gave me road directions to my next destination. The woman gave me details of the WIFI including free use of a PC in the lobby. I was even let to change rooms when I did not know what I wanted, a one queen or two queen beds. The night girl was very accomodating to my co-worker and I.
The beds were very comfortable, the best I've ever had in a side of highway hotel.
It was clean and breakfast was served at 6am untill 10am with fresh fruit.
I would recommend this place to stay on buisness again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mexico, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We had pre-paid for our room, only to get there & be charged an additional $26 for a room with 2 queen beds. The new room they put us in REEKED of smoke (and it was a non-smoking room). When I complained to the desk clerk, she told me to open the window, but not to let my kids fall out of it (we were on the 2nd floor). The window had no screen...so of course, I couldn't leave it opened. The floor was dirty, and under the floor under the beds was covered with candy and dust. The walls were thin and we could hear everything in the parking lot & in the rooms next door to us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
westerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed there one night as I was traveling through town. Wanted a place with indoor corridors that I could feel safe. This place served its purpose. Though the room was small, it was all I needed for 1 person/1 night. It was quiet and comfortable. Made me feel safe that a room key was needed to get in any entrance to building. Breakfast was nothing special, but it too served it's purpose of a light breakfast so I could get on the road. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My fiance and I got in around 1:00AM and just wanted a place to sleep the night before a funeral. The man behind the counter was very friendly and helpful. When we were trying to sleep, though, there was a lot of loud noises coming from upstairs. After the noise had continued for roughly an hour and considering the funeral I had to attend the next day, I called the front desk to ask if they could do something about it. They were able to talk to the person in the room above and I was able to get some sleep.

The price you pay for the room is great, although the breakfast the following morning is just cereal, English muffins, and bagels. They also have toast, Foldgers coffee, cheap orange juice, you get the idea.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Checked in early and was greeted by Michelle who welcomed us with warmth and good spirits. The room was great - clean and nice. There was some wallpaper pulling from the wall in the bathroom, but this is not an issue with me, but I know from reading some people's reviews this is a big concern. The hotel was quiet and had wifi, which was nice to get some research done at night. We both thought this was a great little find in a land of bland options in that price range. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Midwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Not the greatest front desk service we've ever seen, and the room was even worse. Tiny (bigger rooms on a cruise ship than this), somewhat musty though clean-ish, and our request for a small bar of soap in the morning was met with consternation. That'll teach us to come through Springfield, MO without reservations anywhere....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Springfield? Share your experiences!