“Always GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Springfield, Missouri
“Always GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is an excellent secret place to eat. It is very well decorated and quiet for a nice romantic dinner or an evening out with friends. The food is excellent! Pad Thai, Thiarito (Thai style burrito), duck, fish, drunken noodle, fresh spring rolls, and mango sticky rice are just some of the yummy offerings.

Visited February 2014

Osage Beach, Missouri
“Another great lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

While in Springfield, we decided to go back to Tong's for lunch. Our meals, both salmon, were really great. Love the eggroll, soup and Saki too. Service was as impeccable as our last visit. The atmosphere is serene, the restaurant is full of memorabilia from the owner's very interesting life up to the present. Yumm, will always go back when in the area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carl Junction, Missouri
“Disappointed! Bangkok City is MUCH better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'll start out saying the one thing I liked was the crab ragoons were very good. I did a lot of research and review reading to plan for our trip and this place is very highly recommended with tons of good reviews and I was less than impressed! When we walked in it smelled pretty strongly of cooking oil. The waiter we had was a little weird and he picked up a piece my food with his bare hand. I ordered a non spicy pad thai with shrimp and chicken. The noodles looked and tasted like a pile of mush. The chicken looked like nice chunks of white chicken but they had a weird taste and it was gross. I'm not a real big fan of shrimp but those were the best part of the dish. Maybe we caught them on a down night but I dint recommend this place!

West Plains, Missouri
“Lunch ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was my first visit go Tongs - I had Pad Thai. I liked the noodles and sprouts; loved the spring rolls. The crab rangoon were excellent. The homemade sauces are amazing as well as the soup (chicken and rice with a hint a spicy thai seasoning).

My reason for only 2 stars is that the chicken in my pad thai was not good; it was ruined. Not only did the taste confirm but the smell was very bad as well. I tasted of my companions marinated chicken breast and it was yummy!

Missouri
“Quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Always enjoy visiting Tong's. The service is great. The food is very good. It's a quiet place to read and eat.

• Visited April 2013