“Good thing my stay was free....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44

You added Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44 to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3114 N Kentwood Ave, I-44 at Exit 80B, Springfield, MO 65803   |
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
KCMO
“Good thing my stay was free....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I had earned points thru my Wyndham rewards program for a free nights stay and we were going to be in Springfield for a sporting event so I took advantage of the freebie and stayed at this Days Inn. I am surprised a hotel of this low caliber is part of the Wyndham program. First of all... the decor was horrible but I can live with that. The alarm clock did not work so thank goodness for alarms on our cell phones. Second, the doorknob to the bathroom was broken and my daughter was actually trapped in the bathroom for several minutes. The stopper on the bathroom sink was broken. The coffee cans sitting under the ac units catching the drainage was kinda trashy. Lots of noise from work being done in the parking lot - not sure if this was work for the hotel or the neighboring Waffle House. Pretty low class establishment and the mattresses were so hard I probably could have slept better (and felt safer and cleaner) sleeping in my car.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

On a two week road trip, this was night two. The room was very clean and quiet, but on the smaller size for a Days Inn. Breakfast in the morning is on the second floor next to the fitness room and was above average -- there was a great staff member making waffles!

If you are spending time in Springfield, ask the desk clerk for directions. The road that leads into the motel actually continues on and connects with many of the city's major thoroughfares. (Even though it just looks like a frontage road -- in my opinion.)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Not the poshest of motels, but clean, safe, and quiet are winners in my book.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was THEEE worst hotel experience of my life. We walked in and there was garbage on one of the beds, The room was very dirty. The first night there, the water pipe burst and the sink or shower was unavailable for a rediculous amount of time. When we called the front desk about it, they were very rude. Not friendly or helpful with anything. I would NEVER stay here EVER again or reccomend anyone else even concider this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Dover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Older hotel but remodeled nicely.Clean rooms, nice beds, close to freeway but quiet. Stayed in corner room close to steps by pool, you may have to walk a little to your room but not bad. Got a coupon book at a rest stop and got for 49.99. The first room we got someone smoked in a nonsmoking room, they gave us the next room and it was fine.Breakfast was as usual for free but good enough.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

For about $55/night this is a cheap place to stay, so the small room was to be expected. It was clean and quiet, so I got my money's worth. For whatever reason I could not use the wireless internet with Linux, but it did work fine with Windows.

Don't even bother with the free breakfast unless you like stale bread and cereal. I still think the place was a good value.

• Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leavenworth, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

This is an older building that has been redone. The sea blue paint on the walls was a bit to much and the room was very small with little room to walk between the bed and desk or to the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the TV was great along with a micro/fridge in every room. The room was clean but the shower and other areas were very old. The alarm clock didn't work so I over slept but again the bed was very comfy so didn't mind much. Overall the room was average

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

I found a coupon on the Internet for this hotel. The coupon had the wrong address but the clerk honored it anyway. I have stayed at some Days Inns that I would not stay in again. However, I found this hotel's rooms clean and recently remodelled. The hotel is older with exterior entrances. The room had clean/newer carpet, new comfortable beds, large flat screen HDTV, and a fresh coat of paint. The room also had a frig and microwave oven. My room had two beds and being an older the room was a little small. But it did have desk space for my laptop and free WIFI. The shower had a curved shower rod giving lots of elbow room. I had plenty of hot water with good pressure. They had a breakfast that included Belgian waffles and the normal breakfast items such as cereal and muffins. It is also located next to a Waffle House.

This hotel will work great if you just need a place to spend a night or two.

• Liked — Clean room at good price
  • Disliked — Small room for the amount of furniture
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44? Share your experiences!