“Some issues-we checked out early” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 East Evergreen Street, Springfield, MO 65803   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Chicago, IL
“Some issues-we checked out early”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had two rooms, one for friend staying with the dog and me a king size on 3rd floor. Our previous experience at LaQunita in other cities had been good. This one started out bad with a group of 7-9 smokers loitering at the front door. Front desk seemed to be untrained although I suspect one person was a new employee, Nice guy but not yet trained. The more experience lady, just didn't have the knowledge of places and didn't crack a smile the whole time. 1st floor room with the dogs was dirty, unclean carpeting, rust in bathtub, in need of major renovation. General areas also needed some spot cleaning, Elevator had sticky stuff on floor and it looked as though the doors hadn't been washed down since the elevator was installed. It was bad enough that after 3 hours we checked out and went just across the road to the Candlewood Suites. A totally positive experience and they also accepted dogs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest

First I want to start off by saying thank you for choosing us.

I apologize that you had to enter through other guest smoking. We have posted signs and have a designated smoking area at the back of the hotel.
We take the cleaning of our rooms and public areas very seriously and apologize for anything that was not up to our standards. I am sorry you left early and I hope you are willing to give us another chance.

Brennan Purvis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had made our reservations online, but when we got there, we didn't get what I had reserved. When I tried to explain what we needed and had reserved to the guy at the desk, he couldn't understand. And he didn't seem to know what kinds of rooms were available at their hotel. He kept showing me a piece of paper with a description of the rooms written out by hand -- and the descriptions were pretty unclear. He directed us 2 more times to rooms that were not adequate for what we needed. By the 3rd attempt, i was ready to leave, but he called his manager who spoke with me over the phone and said she would give us 2 rooms (1 was supposed to be a suite) for the price we had been quoted for the one suite, with a connecting door. I thought that was nice, so I said we would stay. The desk clerk searched and found what he thought was right and sent us for the 4th time to our rooms. Once again, it was not correct, but frustrated, we just gave up and managed with what they gave us. The next morning when we got our bill, they had charged us for both rooms.

I suppose if it had just been my husband and I and we just needed a simple room, I could have rated this hotel higher. But, they should train their desk clerks better so they know what is available and can give you keys to a room that will meet your needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest

I am so sorry you had such a rough experience your last time with us. We have retrained that front desk agent on the types of rooms and how they are different. We would like the opportunity to earn your business back. We believe if you give us another chance you will be much more satisfied.

Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel went out of their way to accommodate our room request. I booked the room through Hotwire for my 9-year-old daughter and myself. Hotwire assigned us to a room with one king-sized bed. I called the hotel and they immediately switched me to a room with 2 double beds at no additional charge. With that being said, this is not the nicest La Quinta we have ever stayed at, but I wanted to give them credit for their help.

Parking is difficult, especially if you arrive late. We had difficulty finding a parking spot and it was pouring down rain.

The breakfast left something to be desired. The eggs were rubbery and almost inedible, even at 6:30 AM. The gravy was watery and and the biscuits were hard. I didn't even try the sausage patties, as they didn't look appealing at all. However, it was a free breakfast, so I won't complain too much.

If you need budget accommodations close to I-44 for a single night, this is a good, inexpensive option. If you need something a little bit nicer for a longer period of time and with a much better breakfast, you're probably better off staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel through a 3rd party website, be sure to call the hotel to make sure they give...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am glad our staff was able to accommodate your request for two double beds. I am sorry that you had difficulty with the parking and were unsatisfied with the breakfast. I have spoken to our breakfast staff and they informed me that there were some problems with a piece of our cooking equipment. We have fixed it and you should not have an issue again. I hope you will give us a second chance to earn your business and correct what ever problems you may have had.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here for the Home School National Basketball Championship. Very friendly people, great price, and was easy access to all of the gyms. Close to a large variety of eating places. We come to Springfield 3 times a year for sporting events & La Quinta is the hotel of choice for us.

Room Tip: The suite was worth the extra money for our week long stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Home School week is always a fun and busy week for the city of Springfield. I thank you for your review and for your brand loyalty. I am glad you enjoyed you were able to enjoy one of our suites. I look forward to seeing you next year.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very nice value for a quality hotel. I've stayed at this hotel several times for business and my room is always clean and the people are always nice. I wouldn't keep coming back if I ever had a problem with this hotel. For someone like me who stays in a hotel once every week or two, I highly recommend it because it's clean and it comes at an affordable price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Brennan P, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review. We are glad we are able to take care you of you on a continuous basis. If we can ever do anything to help you during your stay please let me know.

Brennan Purvis

Been to La Quinta Inn Springfield East? Share your experiences!