“Good Choice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here recently when in Springfield. The location was convenient to I-44. It was clean and newly renovated. My bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of plugs for electronics. I heard a little airplane noise in the evening, but none during the night. We ate breakfast in the bistro which had healthy choices, as well as Starbuck's coffee. All of the staff that I met were friendly and helpful. I have stayed at many Courtyards over the years and this was among the nicest. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in Springfield.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I am happy you had a enjoyable experience at our Courtyard. Thank you for reviewing us. I hope that you will stay again soon. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a pleasant property which has recently been upgraded. The rooms are quite pleasant and very clean. The bistro was not open during my visit which was unfortunate as this hotel is located a considerable distance from other eateries. There are sandwiches available in their deli. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope you will have the opportunity to come back and try the Bistro. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our hotel and staff. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
Ridgedale, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here to be close to the airport. The rooms are very clean and the went the extra mile for space and decoration!! I was impressed!! Can't go wrong. They have a nice lounge. Pool was clean and hot tub was perfect!

• Stayed January 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to try out some of our amenities. Thank you for your time in reviewing us. We love to hear from our Guests when they have great experiences. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I just completed a stay at this hotel for a business trip. Everything about my stay was excellent. Front desk employees were friendly and helpful at check in/out. Airport shuttle driver was quick, efficient and friendly. The hotel had a "Bistro restaurant" on site which was helpful as there was nothing else in walking distance in the way of food. Menu was limited, but served it's purpose. Great workout facility & clean rooms. There was a little road noise but nothing too significant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We really want you to enjoy your stay with us. We just can't value a clean hotel and friendly Associates enough. We appreciate your recognition. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

As some of you may know, I've had a love-hate relationship with this group of hotels, but my husband gets Marriott points so we stay there. On a recent trip to Georgia, we stayed at some dirty Marriotts but this place was surprisingly clean to the extent that I had absolutely no complaints. Would I stay here again? Absolutely, and I'm very picky about the bedcovers, the floors, and the bathrooms. I was not disappointed with this one. They obviously have good management. We had two nice, quiet evenings and would definitely return if in the Springfield area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I can't wait to share your review with our Housekeepers. They are so detailed when it comes to the cleanliness of our hotel. They will be so pleased this impacted your stay positively. I hope you will stay again when traveling through this area. Thank you for your review. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was able to stay under the friends and family discount so I found the value good. The room was clean but on the small side. I had a king size bed, no refrigerator, and a small bathroom. The hotel staff was exceptional. I decided not to take my laptop to Peru and I needed a box to put it in for pickup later. The girl in the hotel restaurant helped me locate a box large enough for it and the desk clerk let me use scissors and tape to package it. I found the shuttle to the airport perfect. It was on time, complimentary and a short distance to the airport. I will in the future use the park and fly program. Where if you stay you can leave your car for free at the Marriott while you are gone and you can shuttle back and forth.

Room Tip: If you smoke pick the bottom floor as you can only smoke out the back door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay. I am so pleased you found the hotel clean and friendly. I hope you found we treated you like Friends & Family. Our staff prides themselves on both clean and excellent hospitable service. I also appreciate your traveler tips for our future guests. The Park & Fly is so convenient since we are so close to the Airport. We allow our guests to park free up to two weeks. Otherwise, we have a daily fee for those just parking and flying. We look forward to your return visits. By February, all of our rooms will have microwaves and refrigerators. Meanwhile, you can request this on your reservation and we will do our best to place you in one of the rooms that have already been fitted with these amenities. Best Regards, Shelley Copeland, GM
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were not there very long. Checked in at 7PM and were gone by 8AM the following morning. The person who checked us in was very pleasant, and was very helpful in providing information about local eateries. The room was a bit larger than most Courtyard rooms in which we've stayed. It was clean and the room air conditioner/heater/fan unit was about as quiet as any we've experienced. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I appreciate your comments. We have the best Associates! I am happy you enjoyed your stay & look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Airport? Share your experiences!