“Great weekend” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Addison
“Great weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We enjoyed our weekend stay. We were very close to shopping and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. We also enjoyed the indoor pool. My only issue was that I kept hearing Housekeeping knocking on doors on Sunday morning. We were in a king suite, and it would have been nice to have a door between the living and bedroom areas. Overall, a wonderful time. Friendly staff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our salt water pool, and it's so much better for your skin than a chlorine pool. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ijamsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip recently and had a really good experience. The front desk was very friendly at check in and addressed all my questions, and made me feel right at home. I asked for a good food place that was close and the front desk agent recommended their own restaurant. It was raining, so I decided to eat there and was pleasantly surprised. The food was really good and the service was great. They also have room service at this property which is a nice thing for an HGI. The rooms were spotless and looked almost new. I stay at Hilton's across the country and felt as though this one was the best I have stayed at. If in the area again, I will definately be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. I'm sorry that the weather was so drab during your stay, but it's great to hear that our team made up for it with great food and service. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

A group of us stayed the weekend of April 25th. The Front Desk people were very nice but not at all informative when it came to night life. Luckily we were able to find a few places to eat on our phones. The hotel sits exactly opposite from the downtown area. Suffice to say we were annoyed that we had to make a separate trek just to find some night life. The next morning the housekeeping staff was chomping at the bit to clean our room. We left the room so they could clean. We went and got breakfast only to return to the room to find that our keys (all 3) were demagnetized. This was a little annoying, but the Front Desk agent was very understanding and prompt. We left for a few hours and found when we returned that there were no towels. We called the front desk and they told us that housekeeping was "not answering". After a few hours we finally went to the front desk. We asked to speak to the Housekeeping manager. He was not there. We asked to speak to the front desk manager who was "out of town with friends". We finally resolved the towel situation, but this still left a bad taste in our mouth.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that you had such an unfortunate experience during your stay with us. We want every guest who stays with us to have a great time, and we failed to provide that for you. I will discuss the issues regarding the towels and the overly zealous housekeeper with our Executive Housekeeper. I'm very sorry for these issues, and that our location did not work well for your needs. I hope the next time you visit the area you will give us a second chance to make it up to you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I always enjoy Hilton Garden Inns. They do the important things right: 1. Good bedding, 2. Good, free internet, 3. Food available. The hotel is clean and new. The staff is always helpful. I appreciate the bottled water as a Hilton member.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. We are actual in the process of upgrading our internet to provide even faster and more reliable service than we already have. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.
Birmingham, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

A nice hotel in a good location, but the low flow water fixtures in the bathroom and shower are a terrible inconvenience. Go to another hotel with better facilities. I could go on and on about the lack of water pressure. It was terrible. It made what should have been a good business stay, one that I regret. I will not book another stay in this hotel. i will stay in a hotel in which I can rinse the shampoo form my hair. I will stay in a hotel that provides enough water pressure to wet my tooth brush. I prefer a hotel with enough water flow to enable me to wash my hands.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that our steps to control waste resulted in such a hassle for you. We strive to reduce our enviromental impact, but not at the satisfaction of our guests. I would love to talk to you more about your stay, and what we can do to remedy the issues you faced. Please contact me at the hotel whenever you have the time. Thank you again for staying with us, and for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

clean friendly would stay there again, very clean rooms and quiet, appreciated the Kureg coffee maker, I travel with my own K-cups, friendly staff, great location, ample parking and if you stay over weekend outstanding Farmers market right next door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. We really do love our new Kuerings that are in every room. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed one night for a wedding. Great hotel all around. Loved the room, the breakfast and the keurig and kcups in the rooms. We only stay in Hiltons and highly recommend this one! Will stay here again if we return to Springfield.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. Congratulations, and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your wedding night. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!