“Nicest newer hotel for the money in Springfield” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oklahoma City, United States
“Nicest newer hotel for the money in Springfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We struggle every time we visit Springfield to see our family with finding a hotel to stay in because all of the really nice hotels cost too much and all of the lower priced hotels are just seriously dirty. Luckily we get a really good government rate with this Hilton hotel that allows us to be able to afford to splurge on our hotel and we look forward to several more stays at the Hilton. In the future, I would probably book online just for the simple fact that the person I spoke to on the phone to make my reservation (Stephanie) seemed very put out by the fact that I was calling to reserve a room and it was at a government rate. She tried to tell me that they didn't do a government rate, when it says on their site that they do, and I'd spoken to a representative at the same hotel the day before that was much nicer and confirmed the rate for me, I just didn't reserve the room when I spoke to her. I'd like to say that the rest of the staff is very friendly, the wait staff that we had for breakfast was, and the rest of the desk clerks seemed very friendly, but somehow we always ended up with Stephanie and she wasn't friendly at all. I'm glad that despite this, we stayed at the Hilton because it's nice and new, has very comfy beds, and is in a good part of town. The breakfast is definitely worth paying extra for in the morning. The made to order omelette's were great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Darren H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback on your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that your had a great experience at our property and enjoyed your stay. I am very sorry that your interaction with Stephanie at our front desk did not meet your expectations. I have met with her regarding this situation, and although her delivery was obviously flawed, her intentions were sincere when trying to explain the government rate situation. We do offer a government rate here, but it is based on availability and due to our high occupancy levels, it is often not available. There was some confusion on that particular day as to whether or not it was available, and therefore the mixed message you were receiving. I appreciate you letting me know about this, so that we can use this a learning tool of how to properly assess when the rate is available and how to properly explain that to guests. I am glad the rate was available to you during this trip, and hope that your future trips align with that availability so that we can have you as our guests again. We appreciate your business! Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn of Springfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Euless, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As always the Hilton Garden was nice but if you are put in a room next to the ice machine switch rooms. This hotel is located 30 min from the lake and I can only assume people were getting up early (5:30AM) to go fishing or something because the ice machine got a lot of use filling cooler. other than that everything was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Darren H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was interrupted by noise in the ice machine area. We want you to have a quiet and restful stay when you are our guest and we fell short in this case. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Let us know when you make your reservation, or at check in, that you prefer not to be by an ice machine, and we will be happy to assign you to a different area of the hotel. Your business is very important to us and we want to be your preferred location in Springfield. Thank you for your business!
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Got refreshed and well rested at this great hotel. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Room was quiet, dark and comfortable. Spent 5 nights and slept like I would at home. A great home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Darren H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thanks for filling out the great review! I am happy to hear you found yourself to be relaxed and well rested while staying with us. That's exactly what we hoped your experience would be. Thanks for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Springfield as your business is very important to us. We look forward to serving you next time you find yourself in the Ozarks!
Bolivar MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I only live about 45 minutes from South Springfield, however we needed to be in town for two days straight. I booked this hotel with some airline miles and was very surprised. Not only was the front desk staff professional and courteous, they were helpful in any way possible.

Our room was clean and the hotel itself was very appealing. I look forward to using this location again for a stay in Springfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Darren H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Always glad to have our nearby neighbors join us for a short time in Springfield. I am glad that our hotel was a pleasant surprise for you, as that is our goal. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to serving your needs again next time you are in town.
Little Rock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent hotel and staff. Every area was exceptionally clean and everything used was in good working order. Everyone, from the front desk to housekeeping and from the cooks to the hostess were always friendly, professional and welcoming. Thank you for making my family comfortable during our stay. We really enjoyed it. Would definitely stay again. It's evident that this is a well managed hotel. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your great experience at our hotel. The team here is dedicated to taking great care of our guests and providing a quality product. I am so glad to here that we accomplished that goal with you. I am excited to share your comments with our team and let them know their hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Springfield. Thank you.
Memphis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent experience. Great hotel staff - very helpful! Great location for my busines, and very safe. The only thing I could suggest is better lighting in the rooms. They are a little dark on one side, near coffee maker and closet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Darren H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. I am so glad to hear that you had such a great experience. Our team takes guest satisfaction very seriously, and we want to leave every guest feeling safe, secure and well taken care of. I appreciate your comments about the additional lighting that you would like to see in that room, and I will review our options with our Chief Engineer. Your business is very important to us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Springfield!
Canonsburg, Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Rarely do you find a hotel that really makes you feel st home... this one did. The entire staff... front desk, housekeeping, bar and kitchen were excellent beyond all expectations. Very highly recommended.

Green Features: Agreen" hotel... you can see how much effort they put into it. Grounds are neat and well maintained.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Darren H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Our goal is to always meet or exceed our guest's expectations, and I am glad to hear we succeeded in this case. I will share this great news with the team here. Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs in Springfield.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!