“Super Ribs!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Super Ribs!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Literally fall off the bone ribs. Stopped by while travelling, decided some BBQ was in order and the rib shack is rite off Mo 65. My wife and I both had the half-rack... a mistake, way too much food, but we finished it anyway because it was soo good!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sherrill, New York
““fall off the bone ribs” Springfield, MO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

HURRY QUICK!!!

We traveled from Upstate New York to Missouri to visit family in Springfield. Stopped in St. Louis to see niece first
and check out the famous ribs at Pappy’s there. Simply amazing ribs.

When we reached Springfield, The Rib Shack was on our “definite to try list”as it is family owned, not just a franchise.
As we met with co-owner, we explained our “best of” ribs search, she was one of most open, down-to-earth
people we ever met. She offered us a frenzy of various bbq food samples to try while we waiting for our order. Out of this world.

We left with dinner to-go and 3 full racks to take to North Carolina to visit other in-laws.

Their response was that nothing compares to these “fall off the bone ribs” and sauce.

Co-owner said sadly, they will be closing shortly due to lack of business.
Visit them soon so you don’t miss out on these fabulous food.
If enough of you do so, maybe they will be able to stay open.

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Ron D.
Sherrill, NY

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Missouri
“Beef is NOT brisket and not smoked.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice owner-operators. But don't believe the reviewers who give this 5 circles. I'm a Kansas City native, and the reviewer who compared this place to the famous bbq restaurants of Kansas City must be joking. My wife and I ordered beef brisket sandwiches (being KC bbq fans), but what we were served was not brisket. Instead it was chuck roast that appears to have been cooked in a pot rather than being smoked. There was no smoke ring at all. It wasn't even good pot roast. Perhaps the pork and ribs are better, but if you are looking for good KC-style beef brisket don't waste your time and money here. Sadly Springfield, MO still does not have a decent barbecue place for brisket.

Visited September 2013
Evanston, Illinois
“A delightful barbecue experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Thanks to TripAdvisor reviews, I decided to check out this small eatery before heading to the airport. I was greeted by the hostess with a warm smile. It was past the lunch time rush so I was able to talk to her at great length. After discussing with her what is good without overfilling my plate, I ordered rib tips and sweet potato fries. A tall glass of soft drinks comes with the plate and you are allowed one free refill. The rib tips were delicious and moist. The barbecue sauce tasted sweet and tangy. I enjoyed my plate till the last rib tip and fries. If I ever return to the Springfield area, I will definitely make a return visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Best ribs I've ever had...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

...behind bars!
But seriously, I am serious. A old high school buddy and I rendezvoused in St. Louis, caught a Cards game, and next day, drove to the Rib Shack to pick up a bar b que feast for another high school bud who was behind bars, incarcerated in the near-to-Springield Ozark Correctional facilty. Brian, our inmate bud, had secured a 'food visit' for hinself, and we provided the grub. The folks at the Rib Shack, including a customer, were great to deal with. I can't give them higher marks!

• Visited August 2013