“Delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 519 Restaurants in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
westchester, ny
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This restaurant is very elegant, but fine for casual dining. Lunchtime is a good time to be there as it's not crowded. Service was exceptional; our waiter was very attentive. The food was so fresh and delicious! I had the Sweet Tamarind Shrimp with Chicken Pad Tai Noodles. The portion was huge - I only ate about half of it and had to take the rest home with me. Great ambience; spacious dining areas.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Traveling thru springfiled. Saw the reviews on trip advisor. So glad we stopped. Clean friendly pretty. Delicious food beautiful presentation. Will come back if ever in town again

Galesburg, Illinois
“Fondu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am not a seafood fan, but I really like the fondu options at Ocean Zen. A pot of melted chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows, etc. are brought to your table. There is a huge fish tank, and it makes for a neat environment.

Visited August 2012
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Don't bring your kids for happy hour sushi...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I wanted to hit this place after work one afternoon to get in on the happy hour sushi. (We loved this place, had visited it many times before, but never for discounted sushi.) We walked in with our infant son, and the server immediately tries to seat us outside of the bar area (where the happy hour sushi and drinks are available). I said, "We're actually here for happy hour sushi." The hostess said, "I'm sorry - we don't have any space for high chairs or baby carriers back there." When we asked if we could still take advantage of happy hour, she said, "Happy hour specials are only for guests who eat near the bar." We walked out and haven't been back since. There is no smoking in Springfield public restaurants or bars these days, so I have no idea what the issue was.

Visited May 2012
Ozark, Missouri
“Valentine Day dinner fiasco, made up for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ocean Zen has been our favorite restaurant in Springfield for quite a few years. In previous years, we enjoyed wonderful meals there on Valentine Day without any problems. This year was a fiasco. The reservation system was a disaster. We arrived a few minutes early for a 7pm reservation to find that they were still working on 6:30pm reservations and still had to work through 6:45pm reservations before they would even start 7pm reservations. They reception area was extremely crowded with people waiting to be seated. We were very disappointed, so we left after several minutes.
After sending a complaint on the Ocean Zen website, I received a prompt reply offering us a free dinner to make up for our disappointment. We took them up on their offer and enjoyed another outstanding meal. All is well now. I believe that they will be much more careful with their future Valentine Day reservations.

• Visited February 2013